• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Throwback Avatars.

jefferson_airplane_K_after_bathing_at_baxters_a.jpg


Seems like it was this one.


that's before my time, but i do remember when your avatar didn't blink.
 
This is not my first but it is the oldest one that I can still find:
313.JPG


I probably used it longer than any other and will likely change back to it. Here is a pic of the entire vehicle:
k_car_08.jpg


Anyone know whose car it is?


always wondered what that was from now I know
 
you have had some really great ones, I liked the french fry one from last week, got a big laugh from me.

Hey there sj!

Glad you like those avatars. Yea, the Big Rat one was a cartoon I watched as a kid. Brings back some fond memories, indeed.

Rome
 
Fun thread!

On the whole I like most of your first avatars. Being very much a visual guy, it get's a little confusing sometimes when there is a change. I have to read the user name which requires a little more brain power than recognising an image. On the other hand many share the same avatar. That's even more confusing. Then not only do I have to read names, but locations and post counts as well; until I know who is posting.

Not so much for people like Jailtime who changes but within the same theme. Onepixel also for aquatic female graphics. Finnbow has added some bullet holes. PM has got the eyes blinking, yes. Spartmanor (sp?) had the two "sisters" and then one Halloween an animated knife came out. That was freaky (to be honest all your Halloween avatars are a little disturbing)

Being in the "picture of your pet" avatar group it's very easy to stick with it. That said, there have been times after making some regrettable posts that I've felt like changing :smoke:
 
My first avatar pic showed me and a couple guys.
One of the people (not me) in the pic is currently awaiting trial for murder.
After the trial is over I may have more to say about this.
 
I think it was this:
av-MYU-Towers2.jpg

"myu701" is a model number for a certain vintage Pilot pen. My avatar showed a striped version of it. I was on a real kick with that pen at the time and so... despite this being an audio based forum, I chose it. In retrospect, I would probably choose something else. But then, it's more about what you say than what label you've got, right? :)
 
Back
Top Bottom