• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Time to purge, thoughts?

Sell, Sell, Sell...anything mid-fi...even if it's a "good little amp"...and when you are settled, buy a whole new rig based on what really sounds stunning (be ready to use all the money you made selling the mid-fi gear plus some more) Forget equipment to which you have some quasi-sentimental attachment as a reason to keep it. Go for the really great gear and use it a lot. Good luck on your process. JMTC YMMV
 
I'll put in a plug for the NAD 7120. It's one of my favorite small receivers, was made in Japan, and of the 4 or 5 that have crossed my path all have been working and kept working.

It's also got a lot of punch and quality for a small size/footprint and can work well in an office setting, and I have mine in my home office space with some KEF Coda speakers. It also has a very nice phono if you want to add a small turntable for that space
Mine is due for a heavy pot cleaning but has worked well for me for quite some time. Those 20 watts count, with loudness that little thing can power most of the speakers I throw at it. I love it. Love the industrial look too
 
Back
Top Bottom