• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Today's Irish/Scottish/English folk playlist

p91400032iu5.jpg


GHOSTS
English Acoustic Collective

R.U.F
 
pa210009gh6.jpg


MARY'S MUSIC
Songs and Dances from the time of Mary Queen of Scots
Scottish Early Music Consort
Warwick Edwards, dir.

Chandos
 
Old Blind Dogs - Live.

A CD of wonderful live performances in rather poor sound. It doesn't sound so bad in the car, which is where I play CDs. The fiddling on 'McPherson's Rant' is something else.
 
pa220001ti9.jpg


PLEASE TO SEE THE KING
Steeleye Span

Shanachie (via Topic)

I've never seen that cover before. How about a discussion on the best Steeleye Span album? I vote for Please To See The King. I did stop following them after Below The Salt.
I did see Maddy Prior solo in Annapolis Md about two years ago and she was still great.
 
pa2200041vx1.jpg


COB
Moyshe McStiff and the Tartan Lancers of the Sacred Heart

Kentish Fellow



One part Third Ear Band, one part Incredible String Band, one part Syd Barrett, with a dash of John Renbourn.



(Clive's Original Band: on Radioactive.)
51%2BeT7zj9dL._SS500_.jpg
 
I vote for Please To See The King.

I used to play that during intermissions at the Dobie Screens in Austin (Ye Olden College Days). Drove the UT students into the lobby in droves to BUY MORE POPCORN. It was a win-win situation... I got to listen to what I liked, and my employer made more money. :yes:

Ten Man Mop probably remains my fav, although PTSTK is right there, and Parcel of Rouges is just stunningly wonderful/different. Damn the English! ;)
 
The Tannahill Weaver's, The Old Lady's Dance, UK Plant Life LP.

I didn't think this would be good, but it was. I've only played it once or twice since I got it a couple of years ago.
 
69242990eb4.jpg


THE IMAGINED VILLAGE
Various Artists

Realworld

"The Imagined Village is a huge Folk production which has been put together over the last four years by Simon Emmerson. Folk music is often referred to as the people’s music but is sometimes perceived to belong to some people more than others. The Imagined Village takes the English songbook and opens it wider than before, inviting everyone to take up the music as his or hers. Alongside Sheila Chandra and Benjamin Zephaniah appear Paul Weller, Billy Bragg and Martin and Eliza Carthy whilst Johnny Kalsi’s Dhol drums and Shema Mukherjee’s Sitar accompany Chris Wood and the Young Copper Family and Tunng take up the baton for a new generation."
 
Back
Top Bottom