• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Today's JAZZ playlist

Lee Morgan ~ Charisma
Blue Note, 1969

Recorded September 29, 1966

20230630-210711.jpg


20230630-210653.jpg


20230630-210634.jpg
 
Simon Phillips Featuring Andy Timmons, Steve Weingart, Ernest Tibbs - Protocol II
Phantom Recordings - INAK 91311 / in-akustik – INAK 91311
Released - 2014
Andy-Timmons-Protocol-II-F.jpg

Andy-Timmons-Protocol-II-L.jpg

Andy-Timmons-Protocol-II-B.jpg

Andy-Timmons-Protocol-II-I.jpg

Discogs: Simon Phillips Featuring Andy Timmons - Protocol II

My friend, I already have Thorens TD-125 lust and now I’m coveting yours. I’m pretty sure that was on one of Moses’ tablets that got broken on the way down the mountain,’Thou shall not covet thy fellow jazzers turntable’.
 
Best of the West Blue Note 10 inch.jpeg

If there was really two companies that personified the East Coast Jazz Scene and the West Coast Jazz Scene it would be Blue Note v Contemporary. You would think this is a Contemporary release based on the music. Bout NO! The artists on this record are West Coast Mafia: Marty Paich, Shorty Rogers, Conte Candoli, Stan Levey, Curtis Counce, Buddy Collette, Lorraine Geller (!) AND others. The sonics on this 10” record are pretty impressive. If only they’d recorded more like this little gem.
 
Back
Top Bottom