• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Toshiba SA-725 lost FM output

Ace Audio

New Member
I no longer get an FM radio output to the speakers. I noticed the red stereo light stopped working a couple of weeks ago and then the FM output started to fade. Meters on the unit show an FM signal is coming in, but nothing to the speakers. AM and turntable all work fine with the receiver.

Is this an easy fix? I’m a novice at repairs, but if I get some direction I’m pretty handy. I have the service manual, but I don’t understand it.

Any help here would be appreciated. Thanks,
 
Register to hide this ad
Wafer # 4 on the Function Switch S401-4 maybe dirty.
 
Last edited:
Thanks for the ideas and the direct instructions. The meter reads 14.24 on both sides of the fuse when connected to Pin 9 on Q201.
 
I’m headed out of town for a couple of weeks. Please send me your ideas and I’ll take a look when I return. Thanks again for the help.
 
Q201 may be bad. Measure the rest of the voltages on Q201 ie. pins 1 - 16.
 
Q201 may be bad. Measure the rest of the voltages on Q201 ie. pins 1 - 16.

Checked all 16 pins. Most voltages are slightly higher than the service manual states. For example, a 1.7 actually shows 2.1. Only one pin is slightly lower, but all are getting power if they should.
 
Checked all 16 pins. Most voltages are slightly higher than the service manual states. For example, a 1.7 actually shows 2.1. Only one pin is slightly lower, but all are getting power if they should.
What voltage exactly are you seeing on pin 6 and 7 of Q201?
 
What voltage exactly are you seeing on pin 6 and 7 of Q201?

Pins 6 and 7 are right where they should be at 5.4v. What I noticed now is pins 9-16 all show voltages of 2.1 or 2.2. That’s not right. Looks like I should replace Q201 unless you think I should try something else. Thanks,
 
Replaced the Q201 chip. No changes. Still no FM radio. I’ve exhausted my capabilities and will have to give it to someone with more experience.
 
Back
Top Bottom