• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

TUBES Anyone???????????KC CL

Register to hide this ad
If I was anywhere near KC I'd be all over that likes flies on... Well, you get the drift. But then again I know nuthin' about toobs and would probably lose my arse...

Martin
 
Last edited:
My guess is they thought they had a goldmine, but ended up selling all the audio tubes and realizing the rest are worth pennies each.
 
My guess is they thought they had a goldmine, but ended up selling all the audio tubes and realizing the rest are worth pennies each.

Yep :yes: Few boxes I see remind me of tv tubes, I would stay far away from it unless the price was under 100$. Who knows the condition of them too.
 
My guess is they thought they had a goldmine, but ended up selling all the audio tubes and realizing the rest are worth pennies each.

Bingo.

He's selling an unknown number of tubes, unknown types, unknown whether or not they work or they're the pulls put back in the boxes. He's in for a very disappointing end to his business venture.

At the going rate of 10 cents each for untested, unlisted bulk lots, assuming there's two thousand tubes, that would be roughly $200.
 
Wish it was down the block from me...I'd sure give 'em a look. Just think if it was full of sweep tubes like 6JS6s, 6JB6s, 6LQ6s & such...$20-30 each easy.
 
The ad should read " I bought these at a local auction for $10 and wish to make a huge profit". Nothing wrong with that, but the "partner left town" crap is a little rich.
 
There are a million ads on epay and CL mentioned here. I guess every time there is that chance that it "may be one of us".
 
If you have nothing better to do for the next 6 months...

People selling tube lots make me chuckle, I wonder how many of them are people that got burned themselves and are just trying to get their money back now that they realize it.
 
Back
Top Bottom