• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Tung-sol 6550 kt88 factory matched pair nos with #2 stickers in original containers

moediggz

Member
What do I have here guys? My friend said they are really good tubes but I dont have an amp that uses them. They have never been removed from the cardboard insert they came in. The box is in good shape for its age and they have #2 stickers on them.
 

Attachments

  • 20161115_143043.jpg
    20161115_143043.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 72
  • 20161115_151619.jpg
    20161115_151619.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 71
  • Screenshot_20161115-172152.png
    Screenshot_20161115-172152.png
    234.1 KB · Views: 70
Register to hide this ad
Means they're sh!t ... send em to me. <G>

Actually, the number is TungSol's matching system. Theoretically, any #2 should match any other #2.

And if they're what I think they are (circa '60-70's), your pair should be worth about $500.
 
Cool beans. Thanks for the info. Doesnt look like too many in the original box unused are still around. I cant find any currently listed anywhere.
Means they're sh!t ... send em to me. <G>

Actually, the number is TungSol's matching system. Theoretically, any #2 should match any other #2.

And if they're what I think they are (circa '60-70's), your pair should be worth about $500.
 
Is this the date code on the bottom? 20161115_151913.jpg
Means they're sh!t ... send em to me. <G>

Actually, the number is TungSol's matching system. Theoretically, any #2 should match any other #2.

And if they're what I think they are (circa '60-70's), your pair should be worth about $500.
 
The 322 is the factory code. Pretty sure the 6845 is the year and week of manufacture, but don't quote me on that. Looks about right though.
 
Last edited:
322 was Tung-Sol's EIA code. The rest is probably the date code - 45th week of 1968?

That's actually the third design of the Tung-Sol 6550. Smooth black plates were first, then smooth grey plates for a very short time around 1960. The grey plates with three round holes appeared in the early '60s and remained that way until Tung-Sol got out of tube production.
 
Very nice tubes. Those look to be type 3 from the 1960,s. That style box is different from ones I had in the past, wish I still had pictures. I found a whole case of matched pairs once, 25prs 50 tubes, in a TV repair shop who did not work on audio gear owner told me he never sold any of those.!!!
 
Good find moediggz. I've got 8 nos but mine don't have the fancy boxes. Mine are just plain white with one tube each. I might eventually buy something to use them in or maybe even build and amp around them.
 
Back
Top Bottom