• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Twin Cities?

I called and apparently VG is currently not taking things, but i am going to try to catch the owner some other time in case they have someone that they would refer it too.
 
there is a few of us on AK that can fix the pioneer. most are pretty busy right now. Seems everyone is pulling out the busted gear now. I have 3 in the queue. With Covid, it is even harder.

It’s tough, I’m really not even sure what all is needed aside from a good cleaning. If I can’t find someone who can do an assessment of the less obvious issues (bad caps and whatever), I will clean up the pots and connections myself. Thanks guys!
 
I called and apparently VG is currently not taking things, but i am going to try to catch the owner some other time in case they have someone that they would refer it too.
Good luck with that. I called multiple times concerning a McIntosh C28 they had for $500 that needed "service", to find out exactly what that meant. Eventually a member of the staff got ahold of the owner and relayed my message, and he relayed a response back through another staff. It seems like the owner only pops in from time to time, with no real guarantee as to when they'll be there.
 
Good luck with that. I called multiple times concerning a McIntosh C28 they had for $500 that needed "service", to find out exactly what that meant. Eventually a member of the staff got ahold of the owner and relayed my message, and he relayed a response back through another staff. It seems like the owner only pops in from time to time, with no real guarantee as to when they'll be there.
Lame. Selling things that need service in a town without obvious service providers is a bit presumptuous unless you are only selling to repair hobbyists.,.
 
Lame. Selling things that need service in a town without obvious service providers is a bit presumptuous unless you are only selling to repair hobbyists.,.
Well, the idea was, part of the purchase price would go to the repair guy, who would then "start" repairing it. Then, "if" any further parts or bench time was needed, you would pay that on top of what you had already paid.
These days, I kind of wish it was still there, as I could repair it myself given enough time.
 
I called multiple times concerning a McIntosh C28 they had for $500 that needed "service", to find out exactly what that meant.

be careful if the faceplate is broken (made of glass). it might take several months (or more) to find one. You can get them from McIntosh but they need some orders before they run a batch.

I fixed one earlier this year. Not too bad but volume pot can be problematic.
 
Last edited:
The Audio Society of Minnesota has monthly virtual meetings on Zoom. Before the pandemic, ASM met at the Pavek Museum in Saint Louis Park. I don’t live in the metro anymore, but I still participate in the monthly Zoom meetings when I can. The group is a good mix of music lovers, local audio manufacturers, DIY project enthusiasts and audiophiles.
 
The Audio Society of Minnesota has monthly virtual meetings on Zoom. Before the pandemic, ASM met at the Pavek Museum in Saint Louis Park. I don’t live in the metro anymore, but I still participate in the monthly Zoom meetings when I can. The group is a good mix of music lovers, local audio manufacturers, DIY project enthusiasts and audiophiles.

Thanks for the reply, I appreciate it.
 
Back
Top Bottom