• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

tying to be patient waiting for audio classics

With a pair of ultra sensitive speakers, I'd just run them from the C33's monitor amp and forget about an external power amp but that's me. A number of people have done the same with a pair of Ks and they all said they missed nothing. Make no mistake, the C33 monitor amp is an ultra low distortion amp as worthy of the Mc name as anything and also has PG protection. With those speakers, I think you would become deaf before it ever actually kicked in.
I'm running my c34v as a headphone amp out of my C2300. I guess that makes it a MHA34V! Apparently the monitor amp drives the headphone out. Sounds pretty damn scheweet... .
 
I'm running my c34v as a headphone amp out of my C2300. I guess that makes it a MHA34V! Apparently the monitor amp drives the headphone out. Sounds pretty damn scheweet... .
FWIW, the C-33 that I bought attractively priced from AC (thank you Ryan), and that preamp after checking it out on my well appointed audio service bench for compliance to full factory specs, was then installed in my sunroom`s separates system (MC-2205 feeding my DQ-10 speakers), and that preamp has remained powered up 24/7365 for over 7 yrs. playing my all day WAV. Ripped music without a single issue since.

Even when I cycle the various switches and EQ controls once a yr. surprisingly, no glitches, or noise, even all the front panel lights still all function.
Good quality Mc. gear, IMO/E !
 
this is the reassurance i so desperately needed, now back to figuring out a tonearm upgrade for the thorens
I don't know if this is still being decided but here is more unsolicited advice... don't sell the 2155, you'll certainly regret it.
A couple things to consider, they are rare, the production numbers were quite low for that model now they just don't turn up that often. Next they are a 200w/ch amp in sheep's clothing. Conservatively rated at 150w/ch actual tests of healthy units show they routinely exceed 200/w/ch. Personally I would put this together with your C33, Klipsch and get that Thorens up and operational. Sounds like good listening is ahead. Good luck.
 
I don't know if this is still being decided but here is more unsolicited advice... don't sell the 2155, you'll certainly regret it.
A couple things to consider, they are rare, the production numbers were quite low for that model now they just don't turn up that often. Next they are a 200w/ch amp in sheep's clothing. Conservatively rated at 150w/ch actual tests of healthy units show they routinely exceed 200/w/ch. Personally I would put this together with your C33, Klipsch and get that Thorens up and operational. Sounds like good listening is ahead. Good luck.
it isn’t being decided anymore but instead we decided in your favor! after all the time spent sourcing the stuff i couldn’t bear not using it regardless of whether or not it’s overkill! still all ears on tonearm upgrades from the tp16!
 
relentlessly checking my phone for missed calls from binghamton area codes, reading every mcintosh forum, watching every history of the company youtube. no real thing to offer besides needing an outlet for my overwhelming excitement bleeding into outright impatience. i want it soooooooo bad

I can empathize with your emotions.

I have been a McIntosh "wannabe" since 1964 (when I first discovered them talking to local guys I respected.

In 1964 I could not afford McIntosh (I was making about $1.50 and hour). Oh how I wish I could have found $444 then for MC275!!!

It is only in later years that I could even afford used McIntosh.

Via website bidding sites I managed to collect a few McIntosh items. At one time I had 11 McIntosh stereo power amps. All of them used. Some 30 years old, but still working and sounding beautiful.

I have made some mistakes. Worst of which was when I tried to run KLH Model Nines (designed in early 1960s) with a pair of MC2500s, each configured via the switch on the back as 1,000 watt mono amps. I did not think about the mistake of running 1,000 watts through a pair of speakers designed when 100 watts per channel was considered high end!

Thanks to David Janszen (who will rebuild the vintage speakers his father designed) I have my beloved KLH Model Nines back, rebuilt with newer components better than were available when first built by his father.

I recently moved from my 4,000 sq ft house (with a beautiful view of Pensacola Bay) to a 1200 sq ft apartment in a retirement complex.

I could not keep my collection of McIntosh components in such small a space (as much as there is "pride of ownership" there is also "limitation of space"). Thankfully the fine folks at Audio Classics are first class people to deal with. They have been very fair in helping me find a new home for my much loved collection of McIntosh gear.

I ended up keeping MHT200 receiver and MEN220 (if you have never tried the MEN220 you are missing out on the BEST improvement you can make to a two channel system).

Sadly, when I tried to hook things up, both units had problems.

The MEN220 went to Audio Classics for fixing.

The MHT200 went to McIntosh for fixing.

So now I am reduced to listening the a 77" Sony TV. The new Sony TVs have better sound than most tvs - but it does not match McIntosh playing through KLH full range electrostatics backed up by Velodyne for under 45 hz.

I am now about four weeks in waiting for my two remaining units to come back.

PLEASE - PLEASE - PLEASE

Audio Classics & McIntosh please complete the repairs on my units!!!!!

Thanks,

Jim

P.S. Please understand this is just "venting." Audio Classics and McIntosh are both "gentlemen of the audio industry" and treat their customers right.
 
this was so worth the wait...been a few weeks and i already have a ton of hair standing up moments when listening including at one point thinking someone in the room had brought maracas while the room remained empty. absolutely the best feeling uncovering details in songs you have never heard for decades.
 
this was so worth the wait...been a few weeks and i already have a ton of hair standing up moments when listening including at one point thinking someone in the room had brought maracas while the room remained empty. absolutely the best feeling uncovering details in songs you have never heard for decades.
So we're talking a C33/2155 combo? If your experience turns out like mine it could very well be a "forever" system.
 
Back
Top Bottom