• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

uh oh ...this cat wants to move in i think

A big +1 on the top opening cat carrier. Lots of experience around our household with felines. Is six of them too many?:smoke::no: If she's chipless and has no ear notching get her spayed.

Good source for cat carriers is your local thrift.:yes:
 
This guy showed up at our back door one day, meowing to come in. He made himself right at home, slept on our bed and generally attached himself to us. I figured he might belong to somebody, so I took this picture and attached it to our community mailbox, with a headline that said, "Is this your cat?" Two weeks, no response. Cat still fine with us, going outside for...whatever...but then coming back to be let in. A month goes by, and the guy next door shows up, says "Have you seen a cat? Ours is missing." Well, yes, doofus, I have. He's been here for a month, do you ever look at the mailbox????? Sheeesh.
 

Attachments

  • jordon1.jpg
    jordon1.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 26
oh man....I'm kinda bummed... the little cat was chillin with me watching the Seahawks beat the redskins ...GO HAWKS!! but i digress

then i was also trying to finally get a metric ton of shipping boxes / whatnot from xmas outside to the recyling and the cat kinda wigged and ran out the door... and went off somewhere... now it is pouring ran..nasty out there really. The cat is no where to be seen right now, she is probably totally dry and fine somewhere as I've seen her outside all the time in the past and I ain't ever seen that cat get wet, but I'm kinda worried about her.... I think she will be fine but i wish she'd have just stayed in the warm dry house...

oh well..... going to make some inquires tomorrow about trying to determine more on her status aslo.
 
so the cat has continued making herself at home with us... she has no chip i put up some flyers so far nobody has called saying she is their cat...

not sure .... going to be bummed at this point if someone tries to claim her back ..she is healthly youngish 3~4years old female cat.... gigantic (not fat) @ nearly 24lbs...LOL...

she has been sleeping with us in bed every night and watching a movie or whatever with us on the couch in the evening... I am still abit nervous about getting to attached as she may yet be determined to belong to other folks..but they should really be calling / looking for her by now she has been more or less moved in here for a week now.

here she is making herself comfy on the bed....she for being outside all the time before seems really happy being house cat ...

 
It is not uncommon for cats, especially "indoor/outdoor" cats to have several families. At 24lbs. she most likely isn't feral.

Take care,

Rob
 
It is not uncommon for cats, especially "indoor/outdoor" cats to have several families. At 24lbs. she most likely isn't feral.

That's quite true. I had neighbors years ago who brought a cat to their million-dollar home from 2,000 miles away, then promply put it out (literally Day One) to fend for itself. So I took to feeding it and took it to the vet for shots, etc, for the next 20 years. It was a big old Maine coon and quite self-confident. As the years went by, it made at least a dozen "homes". We all figured that out at the neighborhood block party when we started comparing notes on "our cat" and figured out it was one cat with a dozen names. He regularly ran his "rounds". The only people who *never* fed it were the ones who brought it to the neighborhood.

(In the end, he was buried in *my* back yard.)
 
Last edited:
It is not uncommon for cats, especially "indoor/outdoor" cats to have several families. At 24lbs. she most likely isn't feral.

Take care,

Rob


yeah she ain't feral and somebody has to have been feeding her...she is krafty... however I was feeding her (inadvertently for awhile) before my cat Cardigan passed away she was sneaking in a open door and eating some of his food :D

What I don't know is if someone actually "owns" (not that cats can be owned exactly in my view) or if someone was just feeding her because she hung around their yard..

So far nobody has called off the flyers and as i said she has no microchip....

she has been inside my house 22~ish hours a day for a week now... she seems very happy here ...I hope it works out that we can keep her.... however if someone is missing her i hope they call soon so that my wife (and my own) heart isn't any more broken if we can't keep her.

She is a bed hog however....I'll tell y'all that much
 
You do know cats are a gas, right? They can expand to fill available space. :yes:

Not sure about that, by my cats have HAD gas on occasion. Having your favorite kitty rip one off while sitting on your lap is kinda gross. How can a body that small produce that much stank?! :D

Back to the subject at hand here, this 'found' kitty is getting fed somewhere. She looks a little on the plump size.
 
nope no farms near by at all.. but there is a creek bed behind the house that runs a little ways lots of little creatures use it to traverse the area.

area is pretty suburban... there is a nursury down the end of the street but it is across a busy road and i haven't ever saw the cat anywhere near it.


oh and I'm about 25~miles north of San Diego so 40s at night is cold by standards here...:D



Cat was waiting for us when we got home she was just sitting on our front steps... and ran right in the house behind my wife when she opened the door.

I went and got some cat food and a box (hope this cat is box trained????) and a few other cat supplies today.. not sure what is up but as long as she is visiting at least needed cat stuff for her.

My wife is totally in love with the cat and vice verse cat jumped up on my wife's chest last night and slept there quite awhile. Cat seems to follow my wife around quite a bit also.

Woke up this morning it was 7 degrees.Balmy for a New Mexico winter morning.

I have a black kitten that adopted me,just before Halloween.He was only a couple weeks old.There is a ventilation pipe in my kitchen,that goes outside,and he just walked in.I have since plugged it up.
 
Back
Top Bottom