• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Un-wrapping a CD is testing my patience!! and hurting my teeth!

yeah, just take the edge of the wrapped cd case and rub along to top of your car window in a saw motion. It will tear through the cd plastic in 2 seconds and wont harm your window. It will go through the white sticker also.

Really? How did you discover that trick? I may have to go buy a CD and try it.

cubdog
 
I learned the "unhinge and and pull the sticker" trick about 3 years ago. Just in time for the format to become obsolete!

Now if I could just figure out how to quickly unwrap my new Thompson Twins cassette.
 
Try unhooking the bottom hinge and then use the two parts of the case to pull them off of the tape.

This. I remember when a guy in a music store showed me this trick. A bright light when on and I haven't stressed about opening a CD since.

I also buy a lot fewer CDs these days.
 
I rub an edge of the cd on my car window. Opens it up in 10 seconds and doesnt leave a mark on the window or anything.

I knew someone who worked in a record store and this is what they did. Once he told me that my woes were over.

Rub an edge on a counter corner and the plastic will rip enough to grab some. Once you peel that off, unhinge the bottom hinge and lift the lid towards the direction of the sticker that is placed on top. This will naturally peel it off. Easy as pie.
 
Xacto knife angled just right cutting through the shrink wrap and the tape at the top will yield you two pieces to grab and slowly peel the tape seal right off.
Taken care of in less than a minute!
 
I should mention that there is a device for opening cd. I have a couple around here somewhere. Some venders give them out at audio shows.

cubdog
 
that is why, if given the choice, i will buy the import version of a particular CD. it would appear that vendors in other countries don't automatically assume their customers are thieves, as is apparently the case here...
 
Back
Top Bottom