• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

"Unique pie pan woofers"

Register to hide this ad
There was a big thread about those a while back. I thought the same thing "who would put pie tins on their woofers and why??". Apparently the answer was Fisher. Still not sure why.
 
Ever listen to a Hartke bass cab? Aluminum is certainly a viable driver material, though I know nothing about this particular example.
 
Fisher DID make some really serious metal cone drivers, sintered nickel.
But these crunched aluminium foil things are just gimmicky.
 
The ad says "Tweeters don't work. Still sound good" - they must have been pretty bad tweeters. Nothing like CL salesmanship.
 
Just checked the ad on CL. Somebody had a conscience - the ad now says "Good sounding speakers. Need tweeters" and the price is now $50 instead of $70. Guess they want to sell quick.
 
Last edited:
Not to re whip the batter but the man that owned them just dropped them off at my doorstep. For free!!
Great!

You know Fisher at least tried the prototypes out before manufacturing them, so the can't be THAT bad. For that price, you can do a lot of experimenting!!
 
Thanks. I am not sure what to make of them. I am getting into tubes and I am sure that is what they were made for but I have the tweeter problem?
 
Back
Top Bottom