• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Unique stereo at Michigan estate sale

I just got back from the sale. My wife was out there at open with some other guys hoping that the sellers weren't up to speed on the items, but after 100+ phone calls on them they were. No $40 old tube radio deals for me today...:no: :D

The Metregon is $6800 and looks to be in quite nice shape. The $4500 component cabinet contains a C-20, two MC-30s and an MR-65 tuner, plus a H. H. Scott 710 turntable (I was expecting a Thorens TD-124 ). I didn't poke around the gear much, but did notice that the tubes in the front MC-30 were a mixed lot with some Sylvanias.

The Maggie was a mono unit that looked to have about 4 6V6s in it priced at $90, which was more than I cared to pay for a mono unit. The couch was $300. The LPs were all older easy listening and some classical and really not in the league of the gear. Yes, there was a copy of "Whipped Cream" in the lot.

They are accepting bids on the items, so if you are interested, I would call the number in the link upstream.
 
That Metregon in the link was one we saw online prior to the sale, but it contains Wharfedale, not JBL drivers. What's a set of JBL D130s and 275s go for???

I couldn't find any closed auctions for MC-30s, so it's hard to say what a set is worth. Then again, they are taking bids and did set the price high, so if one want's to give it a shot, who knows. There were several bids in the envelope.
 
Last edited:
Ive seen metregons go for over 10K but with original drivers. If I were in the market for such a thing I would have bought it and replaced the drivers.
 
If that estate sale is run like most of the local sales here then everything is marked down half price on the last day. Maybe check back near the end of the sale?
 
The Maggie was a mono unit that looked to have about 4 6V6s in it priced at $90, which was more than I cared to pay for a mono unit. The couch was $300. The LPs were all older easy listening and some classical and really not in the league of the gear. Yes, there was a copy of "Whipped Cream" in the lot.

4 6v6s would be a stereo amp - most likely in the 880x family, from my limited experience with Maggies. I picked up my 8802-equipped console for $15.
 
The last 2 auctions i have watched on the mc30's ended at 2200 +/-50$$ per pair...it would be interesting to see what that console sells for...
 
If that estate sale is run like most of the local sales here then everything is marked down half price on the last day. Maybe check back near the end of the sale?

If they're taking offers and have checked out eBay, I seriously doubt they'd go halfsies on this stuff.

I don't think they'll fit the the $5.00 Sunday bag either :D

As to the Maggie, it wasn't an 8802; I have one. There were only 2 trannies and 6 6V6 sized tubes in a row in an amp mounted on the bottom away from the tuner/preamp. I didn't dig much deeper as it was really dusty and I lost interest when I saw only one OPT.

It may be half price Sunday though...
 
You never know they may just need to clear the house out with little hassel. If you are at all interested I would make an offer.
 
Oh, I certainly agree, that's why I posted the info.
They do have offers in the envelope; I just don't know how many are bona fide. I'm pretty sure the lowballs would get tossed. I didn't leave one based upon those asking prices, but if those were on my Holy Grail list, I certainly would leave a serious number behind.

I think the Mac stuff will go, but the Metregon could be an issue.
 
seems way outta line for what others have sold for..

Right before they quoted that price, this was put down to answer the phone -

crack-user.gif
 
Back
Top Bottom