• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Upstate NY meetup

Updated list of attendees

Our numbers are growing. Here's the 12/4/12 roster of the committed:


xratedpez
cc43fan
shacky
bktheking
alleykat
skspider
secret4mula
booangler
booangler's son
tube-it
cplyons
edriz
truck99
sully1801
hionfi
Tom Bavis
conradH
sirianni
artbrewer
adrianG
mike@thepool

We broke 20 - now at 21 and still growing. Keep spreading the word!

Anybody else coming, please PM me to confirm, and if anybody can't come who is on the confirmed list, no hard feelers just let me know so Rod can plan accordingly.

Thanks!

Chris
 
OK, this thread is getting long. For newcomers, here's the lowdown:

Vintage Audio Meet and Greet, Gear listening/audition, swap n shop
Sunday, December 9, 2012. Starting time: Some folks can only come early, so we will be there starting at 10:00. From what I'm hearing most folks plan on showing up around noon.

Location:
HIONFI
Shoppingtown Mall - Located next to Sears
3649 Erie Blvd
Dewitt, New York 13214
Phone 315.396.5311
Email: vintagestereo@hionfi.com
DIRECT ENTRANCE IS AROUND BACK. Map will be posted soon.

…and about our host, it’s probably best just to quote AK member 12ax7 from his message earlier in this thread:
“hionfi is going to close his retail store... in a mall... that sells the very gear you guys are bringing to swap/sell... for six hours... and pay his tech... on a Sunday... two weeks before Christmas... That's a hell of a commitment guys.”

He’s also providing food and other fun stuff.

If you can make it, please PM me so I can add you to the list above. (12ax7, can ya make it?)
Also give me a shout if you have any questions.

Chris
 
Last edited:
Hionfi Back Door Directions

For the 12/9 meeting you will come to our back door, see attached directions. If you have questions give us a call at 315-396-5311.
 

Attachments

  • HIONFI directions_0.jpg
    HIONFI directions_0.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 60
UpState guys get your map!

I wonder if we can get together a convoy heading west on Sunday morning? I'm fortunate that I know my way around Syracuse, and even had the chance to enjoy a visit to your store back in July. :thmbsp:
 
Weather Forecast for Dec 9: 42°, 20% chance of rain.

(12ax7, can ya make it?)

How about a firm maybe? I've been kind of banging my head against the wall since the date was announced knowing that I have a prior commitment but I can probably break away for a while. I'd love to meet you guys, the only one I've briefly met is AlleyKat at a yard/estate sale.

Would anyone mind if crashed the party for an hour or so around noon? Don't include me in the refreshments head count (I no longer drink and drive anyway). My stuff is mostly turntables, from BPC (cheap, real cheap) to holy grail. There are a couple of tube thingies too.

Did someone mention McIntosh pens?
 
Last edited:
My turntable lust never goes away. Just got my Lenco L75 yesterday, heh heh.
I hope you can come, for an hour would be great!

Chris
 
Last edited by a moderator:
How about a firm maybe? I've been kind of banging my head against the wall since the date was announced knowing that I have a prior commitment but I can probably break away for a while. I'd love to meet you guys, the only one I've briefly met is AlleyKat at a yard/estate sale.

Would anyone mind if crashed the party for an hour or so around noon? Don't include me in the refreshments head count (I no longer drink and drive anyway). My stuff is mostly turntables, from BPC (cheap, real cheap) to holy grail. There are a couple of tube thingies too.

Did someone mention McIntosh pens?

Bring on them turntables! My lust for Plattenspielers never goes away. Just got my Lenco L75 yesterday... Come for a minute, an hour, whatever!

Chris
 
Avg. Syracuse Gas Price 12/7: $3.68

Ghasp! My accidental dual postings killed the thread!

I noticed the lack of new posts too. Maybe everyone is getting their gear ready. I'll wait 'til the last minute like I always do.

The BT thread picked up today.
 
Everything is ready to go, I have an add'l 4000 sq. feet for you guys to set up gear for sale or trade or show off. Doors open at 10:00 AM with snacks, coffee and so on. I've got beer and wine ready to go, we're looking forward to this. Hionfi
 
Sweeeet!!! Gonna be a good one, see ya tomorrow.

Everything is ready to go, I have an add'l 4000 sq. feet for you guys to set up gear for sale or trade or show off. Doors open at 10:00 AM with snacks, coffee and so on. I've got beer and wine ready to go, we're looking forward to this. Hionfi
 
Big thanks to our hosts at Hionfi!! Had a great time, met some cool people, and heard & saw lots of sweet gear. There was a group photo, hopefully it will get uploaded. Here's a few shots of some gear.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom