• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Upstate NY meetup

A TD 124 changed hands today, but I'll let the buyer tell the tale...
 
Last edited:
Just want to throw out a HUGE Thanks to the guys at HIonFI; Rod, Bill, and Mike for hosting and to Chris(cplyons) for organizing this event:thmbsp: Met a bunch of cool guys, made some friends and had an absolute Blast.:banana: This was my first AK meet and if this was any indication of how they are then I can't wait for the next one.:D
 
Yes, what a fantastic day in a fantastic place! My thanks also to the Hionfi crew and everybody else that showed up.
 
It was so great to meet all of you- we have great people in this group! So enjoyable to spend time talking about our hobby. Great work, hionfi- Thank you! I will being seeing you soon (hopefully for a pair of AMT's!!)
 
May I echo everyones praise for HionFi, both the staff and the facility. Top notch all the way.

Had a great time, met some great people and saw and heard some great gear. All in all, a nice Sunday afternoon.
 
Add me to the list, such great hospitality from everybody- some great stories were told as well. I had a great time meeting everybody-getting back over was a piece of cake. Hope to do it again some time!
 
To begin, Rod, Bill and Mike are wonderful hosts, many thanks for that. While it's always cool to see and hear the great gear at these types of events, for me it's the people that I meet and reconnect with that means the most to me.

Putting faces/voices to the screen names, to enjoy the stories people share, and the camaraderie of this online community is simply fantastic.

While I was fortunate to pick up some real gems, it's the story I'll enjoy telling of how/where I accquired them that will be just as important.

Thanks to everyone for making that meet a success!!
 
Same here, Thanks HiOnFi for a great day. Even the Mrs. enjoyed it. Bill aka. Alley Kat, just had to tease me with his Empire 598 too.
 
Agreed! Nice day - thank you Rod, Bill and Mike for your gracious hosting. Here's wishing you much continued success.
 
Just a great group of people that came together for an afternoon of all things audio. Thanks to all who came out and we will see you all soon at the next event. Here is the group photo.
 

Attachments

  • DSCF2919.jpg
    DSCF2919.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 131
Wish I coulda been there.
I see a couple of familiar faces from Frankenfests.
I'm glad that you've found a way to get together within a possible driving distance.
Thanks to hionfi for hosting.
 
A TD 124 changed hands today, but I'll let the buyer tell the tale...

I'm still in shock that I now own such a beautiful TD 124. When Gary suggested it was mint, he wasn't kidding!! It's still in it's original box, and I really need to block out some time to get it up and running.

One of the best vintage pieces I'll ever have the pleasure to own :D

Tim, you should come over and visit it one day!!
 
Thanks to the Hosts

I also want to add thanks to the guys at hionfi. You could not have done more and made the meet up more successful. Was a great day and I look forward to having another. The opportunity to put a face to several names and learn from all the attendees was great.
 
We had a blast and will be happy to host another event in the spring. What could be bad great guys and stereo gear. Thanks , Hionfi
 
A very special thank you to Rod, Bill, and Mike from HionFi. Your store is an oasis in the desert of BPC. It was really nice having the chance to meet with so many great guys! I look forward to hanging out at HionFi in the future...:yes:
 
Did anyone happen to find a camera bag with a cannon camera and lenses in it ?
 
Last edited:
Missed it of course.

Well, of course I missed learning about it by just days, so I found out when I visited the store later that week. I surely would have attended. That info prompted me to join in here at AK. And now I have yet another internet forum to hang out in and another store to visit regularly.

I plan on attending the next one even if I have to drive 3 hours for it. But HIONFI is a good place (central) and the hosts are great.

We all need to support people and stores like this in our individual areas. :thmbsp:
 
Back
Top Bottom