• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Vacation nearly over, but it has been a productive one

BmWr75

Top octave? pfffffftttttt
Subscriber
Was lucky enough to get the last 2 week of the year off. Got a lot of audio projects done:

1. installed Russian PIO coupling caps in a Kenwood KW-40 tube amp
2. installed new power supply cap in a Marantz 510M amp
3. installed new power supply caps in a Marantz 140 amp, a challenge since plug and play 13,000 x 2 caps are no longer made
4. Modded a pair of Fostex T50RP headphones per the Head-fi.org wiki, specifically the BMF v6.3 mods with some Riteaid natural adsorbent cotton added. They sound great!!
5. fixed a dirty phono selector switch in a Rogue Perseus preamp
6. Listened to a lot of good music.

Back to the real job tomorrow.......but only 2 years more to retirement. :banana:
 
Register to hide this ad
Over my vacation, I've:

1) Mirror imaged the front baffle of my Rectilinear Highboys
2) Cleaned/de-oxited a newly acquired marantz 1060. Fixed wonky power switch. refinished wood cab of same.
3) performed a spring replacement tweak on my Lenco L-75 that surprised me in the improvement it made.
 
Last edited:
I'm jealous. All I have to show for 2 weeks off, is a lot of time spent with power tools, and paint brushes redoing both my kids' bedrooms. The one ray of sunshine was an afternoon off, when I found a mint Mobile Fidelity Al Stewart, "Year of the Cat" album.
 
I didn't do ****. I played a lot of guitar. I saw the most amazing concert ever at Levon Helm's Midnight Ramble. I drank, I smoked, I hung out with friends and family. It was a great week.
 
You guys are lucky. Since I retired a couple years ago, I haven't had a vacation.

Best Regards,
TerryO
 
Back
Top Bottom