• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Value of 2001 4Runner

StuartB

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
So we are planning to move/downsize and starting to think about all the things I will need to do.

We have a trusty 2001 4Runner that we probably need to sell. I have owned it for 20 years, have all maintenance records, including two timing belt replacements. It has 203,000 miles. Everything works, tires are good. Never wrecked. There is no rust on the body, the frame is clean, and there is one speck of rust on the corner of the front bumper. It is 2WD.

I know it is old and has the miles on it, but my sense is that to the right person it would still be worth something. It has a few nuances as most 25 year old vehicles do, but it is nothing significant and nothing that keeps it from being a reliable daily driver.

I would appreciate any input you guys might have, or if you can point me somewhere to get more of a reasonable idea.

Thanks
 
Register to hide this ad
I'd do a FB Marketplace search (maybe 2-300 mile range) to see what others are asking for similar age/mileage, etc. Doesn't mean they will sell at that price, but it gives you a starting point.
 
I had a 1999 4 Runner that I got from my MIL when she quit driving. The flood of Hurricane Helene brought Charlotte Harbor salt water up to the floorboard. Our mechanic was able to get it going. It had 70,000 miles on it. The transmission went a year later and we got it replaced. Then the valve cover gaskets started leaking. Time for it to go.

Trade in for a 2019 Nissan Frontier, $1,700.00.

I was approached many times in a parking lot by someone that was just crazy about 4 Runners.
 
A lot of knowledgeable Toyota folk here in this thread, my guess is someone should have a good idea

 
IF you have family in the area, having an extra vehicle in the stable can be very helpful when you or one of them might need it. Might be worth more to keep it than selling it.
 
Back
Top Bottom