• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Variable speed cooling fan for your gear

Fan(s) with thermistor.

I use a fan on my Sansui 1000A (in back of the PS resistors\OP tubes) with a thermistor built into the fan, when things get warmer, it runs faster, it's powered by 9 Volts obtained from the heater circuits using a simple power supply.

Mark T.:music:
 
Just an FYI
Buyextras.com has a good selection of fans including fans with controls.

That thermostat they have listed on there would be close to perfect. I may order one and use it to make the solution a little more elegant. However, I would preferred a thermostat that doesnt have the temperature probe mounted on the side of the unit. It would be nice to have the probe on a wire so it can be mounted above your amp or receiver and the thermostat mounted where it is easily accessible (for adjustment).
 
That thermostat they have listed on there would be close to perfect. I may order one and use it to make the solution a little more elegant. However, I would preferred a thermostat that doesnt have the temperature probe mounted on the side of the unit. It would be nice to have the probe on a wire so it can be mounted above your amp or receiver and the thermostat mounted where it is easily accessible (for adjustment).
And the temperature range is only 40-104°F, sooner than I would prefer, depending on where it's mounted. I'd like to try their side exit fan, with squirrel cage and blower outlet to direct any particles towards any preferred direction, rather than just blowing all over...

http://www.buyextras.com/b50dc12vmale.html
 
Back
Top Bottom