• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

Vintage Electronic Repair or Restoration in South Florida?

Fisher 500c restoration

Resurrection on this thread..
Cant find anyone here in FLorida (south) that can restore my 500c..Can someone help.
Shipping is maybe a thought..I was gonna go with urban antique radio
 
heaven!!

Finally a south FLorida technician that can fix it all!!!
I walked in this guys place and it was heaven!!! MACS, FISHERS, SCOTTS, ect.

This guy is a hidden diamond in a big ruff of south FLorida.

betaelectronic ..
 
Most of the repair guys here on AK are backed up for months...as I am.

What's the problem?


I know the feeling of being backed up. I am restoring two receivers right now while trying to run my shop at the same time. I also restore CB's. Its not always a cut and dried deal when sometimes parts have to be found.
 
I've heard rumors of Sound Ideas, a hifi shop in Gainesville doing repairs. I haven't been there yet and their website doesn't mention anything about it, but I do plan to stop in there this summer because I'll be going to and from Sarasota once a week or so. http://www.soundideasstereo.com/
And then there's a place here in Tallahassee that I know for a fact will do tubes. Class A Electronics. They do guitar amps and effects but if you've got tube gear they've got a guy who can get under the hood and take a look. He's diagnosed a few things for me. I'd recommend them. http://www.classaelectronics.com/circuit.html
 
heaven!!

Finally a south FLorida technician that can fix it all!!!
I walked in this guys place and it was heaven!!! MACS, FISHERS, SCOTTS, ect.

This guy is a hidden diamond in a big ruff of south FLorida.

betaelectronic ..

So how do I gt a hold of him, do you have a link?
Darn this is an old thread, I have a Sansui AU-111 and a Onkyo M-504 that need work
 
Thanks Ray, that was a great read, well roy will be well in his 70's now, looks like his company is still around though. Fantastic, I'll be calling him, and it wont hurt either that the owner of the Sansui I need refurbed is Jamaican too!
 
Update: Audiolama and Ray Gianelli.
I'm happy to report Royston Wright (Dr Roy) is alive and well, and Beta electronics is still in business. He sounded healthy and cheerful enough on the phone.
So tomorrow I'll set up a date and bring in the Onkyo's and the Sansui AU-111 for some TLC. I'll update the thread as things progress.
 
Back
Top Bottom