• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Vintage Repair Center Bay Area

Register to hide this ad
Sertechelectronics.com does a lot of work in the southbay for people.

No connection what so ever just know they specialize in vintage audio repairs etc.

And welcome aboard. What needs repairing?
 
Sertechelectronics.com does a lot of work in the southbay for people.

No connection what so ever just know they specialize in vintage audio repairs etc.

And welcome aboard. What needs repairing?
Scored an Onkyo
Sertechelectronics.com does a lot of work in the southbay for people.

No connection what so ever just know they specialize in vintage audio repairs etc.

And welcome aboard. What needs repairing?
Thanks Fairlane. i scored an Onkyo m508 last week, local pickup. Works great, I ran it for a few hours. Only issue I noticed is an occasional pop I hear on the speakers. I tried both speaker A and Speaker B, they both do it. Matter of fact, when I turned the amp off when i was done for the day, I heard a pop again on the speaker a few minutes after i turned the power off. Also my Pioneer SA-8800 started getting scratchy on one channel.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8680 (3).jpg
    IMG_8680 (3).jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3087.JPG
    IMG_3087.JPG
    40.1 KB · Views: 11


 
Perusing the links above, I'm finding a lot of folks long gone. Does anyone have new recommendations for decent hi-fi repair humans in the SF East Bay, or really, greater SF Bay Area, who are still working? Desperately needing rebuilds on my Marantz 2252B and Dynaco ST-70.

While I am at it: does anyone have experience with ADK Hi-Fi in Vallejo? I can't find a single reference to them here.
 
I've used "Sheldon" at Champlifier, Alameda - HiFi repairs - twice to keep my old Yam amps operating at peak efficiency. He not only addresses the obvious faults with your equipment but also brings to your attention other components that might be near the point of failure/trouble. He is often swamped with work so it might take a little extra time just to make an appointment for a diagnosis. But he is very knowledgeable and takes special care in repairing "vintage" equipment. While I wouldn't consider his services exactly "wallet friendly" his rates are fair considering the top-notch quality repairs he makes - the old adage "you get what you pay for" definitely applies here. Hope that helps.
 
That's a fine suggestion and I will drop him a line. Based on the site, it looks like he doesn't work on tube stuff (i.e. Dynaco would still need someone else).
 
I suggest your try Matt Householder who lives in SF near McLaren Park. I met him at a swap pre-COVID and have had him go over a vintage Sony receiver, a Dual 1219 turntable and some other stuff. Friendly guy who knows his stuff and isn't exorbitant. I also work with him as a fellow volunteer at the Oakland Museum White Elephant Sale where, you guessed it, he repairs and refurbishes donated stereo gear. You can contact him through his Facebook page at https://www.facebook.com/matt.householder1
I just checked with Matt and he said it's ok to post his email: matthouseholder@hotmail.com
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom