• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Wall 'O' Pioneer is finished! For now!!!

Way COOL Mark !!! :yes:

Thats totally awesome Amigo !!! :thmbsp:

Love the way ya have it all displayed.
 
I'm not a big-time user of the word "awesome," because it's so overused.
But in this case, it's appropriate-
THAT'S AWESOME!! :banana:
(three thumbs up)
 
Pics for the 'Blinky Lights Fans' (THOR) & others. Upper & lower halfs of the HT rack. Enjoy!

Thanx to everyone for there great comments! I thought that I was on the right track for good eye appeal but it's great to get other opinions.
 
I have asked a few techs if this is a safe way to run it. I have always been told it shouldn't cause any problems

madpioneer, I was thinking about how you have your setup running a bit today, because I've often wondered about the same issue in my setup as well. more specifically, the fact that you control the attenuation of your system through a pre-processor, before the signal reaches the amp. In my case I use a digital source like my laptop or my mp3 player to control the entire system volume, leaving the amp at a set volume. In my experience so far (I've been running things like this for a few years without worry)... as long as you do not hear at distortion coming from your system you are in the clear... as with speakers or anything else in our audio worlds, distortion is our most hated enemy. IMO I dont think its possible for one to blow the input channel without first experiencing some sort of distortion (unless of course you really overdo it and blow the channel instantly)... sorry if that wasnt clear, but I think you'll understand...
 
That's a great "bit of kit!"
No need to apologize about the Mach Two's--I have had a pair since the mid-80s and think they're a very well rounded sounding pair of speaker systems.
 
madpioneer, I was thinking about how you have your setup running a bit today, because I've often wondered about the same issue in my setup as well.

Well I try to keep sharp thinking about it all. I would never crank it all up into the 'insane' zone you know on 9 or 10 to see what it would do. The speakers would blow for sure trying that, the amps would be next to explode. I respect the massive wattage on tap. The headroom is incredible. I like my music & surround semi loud. I like to hear the bass pound & kick. I like to hear what is being said verbally in movies. I really try to avoid bothering nearby neighbors but at the same time, I like to enjoy this stuff or why have it! I cannot image owning anything like this and being in an apartment.

I love the SPEC-1/SPEC-2 sound along with the great Dolby Processing of the VSX-9500S. I think the combination is a great match, sonically/functionally as well as visually. But I try not to abuse it all. I know if I hear any distortion I am toying in the danger zone for sure!
 
I notice that you have your R2Rs in pretty close proximity to your TVs. Have you noticed an damage to tapes, due to the magnetic flux around the picture tubes? That was a great concern to me, in setting up my Wall-O-Pioneer. So, I decided on a nice HD 27" LCD TV.

Now if I can keep my wife away from the tape collection with the vacuum cleaner...

Rich P
 
I have not noticed any problems as of yet. The 909 got moved up on top of the PIONEER taller main rack, And all the gear that was up there was put in it's place next to the TV. I will eventually have some plasmas mounted on the wall in the front room and the bedroom. That should take care of flux problems? :scratch2:
 
Madpioneer,

I can only imagine how well the album "Destroyer" sounds through this setup...

by the way, know anything about Pioneer's CS-G201WA-2 speakers? I feel a bit shy asking in the presence of such top-notch Pioneer kit, but that's the extent of my Pioneer loot so far...
 
Thanks Rich, not really an ideal listening environment, but there are spots that I like. It must be my reflection on the TV Jazzmo, as it's usually only on for Lions, and Red Wings games. I was going to put the Teac Reel in the TV's spot, I actually bought a turntable made for TV's so that I could have the Akai and Teac back to back, but I noticed that the tape arm was sticking, so I'll have to go back into it. It will be cool tho.
 
by: thedelihaus ; by the way, know anything about Pioneer's CS-G201WA-2 speakers? I feel a bit shy asking in the presence of such top-notch Pioneer kit, but that's the extent of my Pioneer loot so far...

Well I had some CS-G301WA that I gave to a friend along with a SX-434 as he was a real old skool country guy but was shy on gear. The 301's sounded good with the 434 but could have benefitted from a more powerful amp. But my buddy was not into extreme loudness so I think it suited him well. They are good speakers but not overly exciting.

I can only imagine how well the album "Destroyer" sounds through this setup...

I wish you could hear Destroyer on this setup, you would never be the same again! :no: :music:
 
I've gone scrambling to pull out my Akai deck and seeing If I can unearth my copy of "The Elder" for old times sake...

I bring "Destroyer" with me whenever trying out new or vintage kit. All formats, record, cassette, cd, 8-track (but no reel to reel). Cut my teeth on it (and R&R Over) listening through a single-speaker 8-track portable in an empty room almost 30 years ago, love that album...
 
by thedelihaus; I bring "Destroyer" with me whenever trying out new or vintage kit. All formats, record, cassette, cd, 8-track (but no reel to reel). Cut my teeth on it (and R&R Over) listening through a single-speaker 8-track portable in an empty room almost 30 years ago, love that album...

The very first KISS song I ever heard was Detroit Rock City. From there I was hooked. They instantly introduced me to rock and became my favorite band. From there it opened the door to a whole rock world and I am into everything from A to Z. I have seen them live at least 16 times over the years. Met them two or three times including Eric Carr (R.I.P.). My first concert EVER was KISS in San Antonio in 1979. I used to own a huge collection including the KISS pinball machine, Mego Dolls, lunchbox, On Tour Game etc... Unfortunately I sold much of it years ago before I knew about ebay, otherwise I could have retired by now! I just received the best quality KISS footage I have seen to date. An absolute perfect copy of KISS (edited) concert that aired on HBO back in 78-79 on DVD. It is supposidly from the master reel, watching it I have to agree. I have three versions os this: 1) Full unedited concert medium quality 2) Young Music Show-same version of HBO but shown in Japan with cheesy song titles and subtitles on the screen. Was a rebroadcast in 2004 using the NHK master reel great quality. 3) Is the above mentioned edited HBO concert in stunning quality.

I have a huge bootleg VHS collection of thier stuff I started in 1983. These days I am trying to get it all on recent upgraded DVD.
So you can say I am a big KISS fan. Although I don't keep up with them much these days. With Peter and Ace out of the band it seems really pointless these days. Other members in Cat & Ace makeup just don't do it for me.
 
Back
Top Bottom