• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Wall 'O' Pioneer is finished! For now!!!

Mad,
You're sick. Twisted, a hopeless, helpless addict with an addiction that will eventually destroy you. I don't want to see that happen to such a nice guy, so I'm offering my help.
Just private message me your address and I'll be right over with a U-haul truck. We'll take all that mind-warping gear out of there and I'll put it in a nice safe place. (My living room)
Ten or twenty years from now when the twinges have stopped, you can try and find me and get it back. :yes: :D :thmbsp:
 
originall posted by onwardjames Looks like a PD-F904 cdp. I have one of those... It has NEVER missed a beat!

Actually I have a PD-100E CD changer. A few others like a PD-552 and two other models that I do not recall at the moment besides the two P-D70's.

orignally posted by alwayslooking Nice setup though I would have a hard time watching a movie- too much too look at

At first it was like that but now with the addition of a 30" widescreen TV once the movie gets started, given that it's any good you kinda lose yourself in it. Even with the displays jumping on the surround amp, expander, three Eq's, VU's, fluroscans, and time tunnel a good movie demands your full attention. Its when you crank music without a screen to distract you that you tend to direct your attention to the VU's, fluroscans, & time tunnel jumping. :banana:
 
WOW!

That's a lot of silver....and blue.

And to think my wife thinks I should get rid of the ONE old receiver I have.

:nono:
 
madpioneer said:
Other members in Cat & Ace makeup just don't do it for me.
I agree with you, Paul & Gene hiring stand-ins for the sake of making even more money has turned me off to the whole deal. Incredible setup you have.

Would love to hear 'Dressed to Kill' on vinyl on your setup. By far my fav LP.
 
Last edited:
slowjazz, thanx for the compliment!

OldSkool, you floored me with the pieces you got! I have some of the same. I once had a HUGE collection. The actual pinball machine, lunchbox, games., dolls etc...etc.... I sold most off years ago before I ever knew about certain auction sites. Got my money back and then some but would have made alot more with an auction. I have about 30 percent left and plan to keep most with the exceptions of a few pieces being sold soon. I now concetrate on getting the tons of footage I have on vhs on DVD. Including the show you attended in Houston 1977. My first show and first ever concert was KISS Dynasty San Antonio Convetion Center(now a Courthouse if you can believe that!). Yeah! I know disco/Rock(oxymoron!) sux but I wanted to see them so bad. I remember in high school my best friend told me about the Houston shows in 77'. We tryed our best to come up with enough money to get tickets and bus fare but we failed. For me in the past it got out of control collecting stuff. I had a room in a house dedicated to them. It became idol worship and I decided it was time to let most of it go. I bought a Vette which I had really wanted for so long and then went thru a bad divorce. I guess sometimes you pay a price for things. Paying to much attention & money on material things! But they are still my favorite band not for what they do now but what they did in the past. I could care less to see them live now. I'll stick to my DVD's of old concerts 74 thru 83. How many damn Best Of CD's did they put out!? Gene with Rock School and so on.... and now they are going to copy the Osbournes with 'Family Jewels' Please!! Gene is already worth around $800 or $900 MILLION Bucks! His kids will never have to work unless they really want to. Paul is not far behind. Ace & Peter got screwed on salaries during the Reunion tours. Both the faults of themselves and between Gene/Paul and the record company. So now I just live in the past thru the band and my gear. Playing Destroyer or Love Gun from 76' & 77' on gear put out at the same time frame is like heaven to me!
After Neil Bogart fired Kenny Kerner and Richie Wise, Bogart decided to produce 'Dressed to Kill'. That is the best production of the early KISS albums. I wished he would have produced most of them. It has more dynamics than 'KISS' or 'Hotter Than Hell' combined! Call me and I'll get out my best copy of Dressed to Kill on vinyl and I'll spin it for you! Just tell me how much volume you want! 25 watts? 50 watts? 100 watts? maybe 150 watts! KISS!!!!!!!!!!!! WE WANT KISS! WE WANT KISS! WE WANT KISS!! Just got in Live at Cobo Hall 1977 amazing quality! WOW! :thmbsp: But you have to bring that 76' Tour book with you so I can see it!! :yes:
 
Last edited:
And with that note here some really old pics for you KISS fans out there!
 

Attachments

  • 74_1.jpg
    74_1.jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 60_1.jpg
    60_1.jpg
    24.5 KB · Views: 36
  • a8_1.jpg
    a8_1.jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 92_1.jpg
    92_1.jpg
    17.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 080_000602_HalloweenSpecial.jpg
    080_000602_HalloweenSpecial.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 48
P-D70 repairs

I just purchased a well used Pioneer P-D70 cd player. The track search, slow scan buttons, and other issues need to be rpaired/replaced. I am no electonics wizard. Does anyone know where I can get this unit repaired? It plays fine and sounds great, just not fullly functional.
Thanks!
 
There are many good repairmen/technical guys (Nakdoc,Echowars,Merrylander) so direct your problem to them. Also, you may want to do a search, find out if it is worth repairing. And one last thing...perhaps this isn't the right place to ask this question. What I mean is, you need to go to the correct section on AK, and then start a thread. Lots of helpful people around here. Good luck. :thmbsp:
 
madpioneer,

Thanks for sharing the pictures of your absolutely stunning Pioneer collection. We're talking Holy Grail here!
 
madpioneer said:
slowjazz, thanx for the compliment!

OldSkool, you floored me with the pieces you got! I have some of the same. I once had a HUGE collection. The actual pinball machine, lunchbox, games., dolls etc...etc.... I sold most off years ago before I ever knew about certain auction sites. Got my money back and then some but would have made alot more with an auction. I have about 30 percent left and plan to keep most with the exceptions of a few pieces being sold soon. I now concetrate on getting the tons of footage I have on vhs on DVD. Including the show you attended in Houston 1977. My first show and first ever concert was KISS Dynasty San Antonio Convetion Center(now a Courthouse if you can believe that!). Yeah! I know disco/Rock(oxymoron!) sux but I wanted to see them so bad. I remember in high school my best friend told me about the Houston shows in 77'. We tryed our best to come up with enough money to get tickets and bus fare but we failed. For me in the past it got out of control collecting stuff. I had a room in a house dedicated to them. It became idol worship and I decided it was time to let most of it go. I bought a Vette which I had really wanted for so long and then went thru a bad divorce. I guess sometimes you pay a price for things. Paying to much attention & money on material things! But they are still my favorite band not for what they do now but what they did in the past. I could care less to see them live now. I'll stick to my DVD's of old concerts 74 thru 83. How many damn Best Of CD's did they put out!? Gene with Rock School and so on.... and now they are going to copy the Osbournes with 'Family Jewels' Please!! Gene is already worth around $800 or $900 MILLION Bucks! His kids will never have to work unless they really want to. Paul is not far behind. Ace & Peter got screwed on salaries during the Reunion tours. Both the faults of themselves and between Gene/Paul and the record company. So now I just live in the past thru the band and my gear. Playing Destroyer or Love Gun from 76' & 77' on gear put out at the same time frame is like heaven to me!
After Neil Bogart fired Kenny Kerner and Richie Wise, Bogart decided to produce 'Dressed to Kill'. That is the best production of the early KISS albums. I wished he would have produced most of them. It has more dynamics than 'KISS' or 'Hotter Than Hell' combined! Call me and I'll get out my best copy of Dressed to Kill on vinyl and I'll spin it for you! Just tell me how much volume you want! 25 watts? 50 watts? 100 watts? maybe 150 watts! KISS!!!!!!!!!!!! WE WANT KISS! WE WANT KISS! WE WANT KISS!! Just got in Live at Cobo Hall 1977 amazing quality! WOW! :thmbsp: But you have to bring that 76' Tour book with you so I can see it!! :yes:

9 if you count live albums and 10 if you count their tribute album. It appears KISS made a hellluva impression on Texans, Madpioneer. Here is my Kiss cd collection (all of them)

KISS2.JPGKISS3.JPG

Awesome equipment you got there.
 
Yep! KISS has always been my favorite, but they opened the flood gates for me to get into hundreds of other bands. They stand as my first real tatse of heavy Rock back in 1976. I was listening to AM crap when a friend brought over a Kmart cassette with cuts from Rock 'n Roll Over, & Destroyer they literally kicked my a**.
 
You know after listening to some of my favorite tunes on an "all in one" crappy JCPenney stereo when I was young my determination back then was to someday have the biggest and baddest rig I could afford.
KISS and the rest never sounded so good! I try to make up for lost time and loss of equipment from the past everyday.:banana: :guitar: :rockon:
 
well u see whats in my avatair, so far thats my system. i kno that that impressive but it does sound decent to my neabours 2 houses down !!
 
madpioneer said:
You know after listening to some of my favorite tunes on an "all in one" crappy JCPenney stereo when I was young my determination back then was to someday have the biggest and baddest rig I could afford.

For me, it was an all-in-one (turntable, am and fm radio) General Electric Stereo that I "shared" with my older brother. That got us through JR High and High School. I didn't get anything better than that until I was 19 and went out an bought myself a, shhhhh, don't tell anyone, Sansui system.



Retro
 
Back
Top Bottom