• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Wang

Local real estate agent...

...selling the place next to my brother's is named Michael Hunt....

Can't help but smirk every time I see that sign....:nono:

And no, I've not seen him....:D
 
If I recall, the last name Wang is supposed to be pronounced as Wong.

It would still be funny if the name was Sum-Ting-Wong
 
...selling the place next to my brother's is named Michael Hunt....

Can't help but smirk every time I see that sign....:nono:

And no, I've not seen him....:D

I remember the ditzy secretary where I worked years ago being pranked called by one of the owner's friends screaming out into the shop saying "Mike Hunt's on the phone!!" to the owner.:D:lmao:
 
Marantz came out with the PMS (for "portable music system") line of audio geararound the late 70s/early 80s. It subsequently was changed to the CRS line, with identical models and numbers; they just changed the prefix. I'm guessing someone finally told the Japanese what "PMS" was starting to mean in America.

I wonder if anyone told them what "CRS" means? I suppose they forgot to....

Around the same time, RCA was selling a line of components called "Dimensia", and no, I'm not making that up :D


John
 
"cross point towers"

I'm right smack dab in the middle of "Wang Country" (No snickering from you kids in the back!)!

The former Wang headquarters is now known as "Crosspoint Towers" and is leased out to various companies. Dr. Wang was a much liked figure around the Lowell area, not only did his company provide many jobs to the locals, he was active in charity work as well.

To this day, you still hear people refering to the Crosspoint Towers as the Wang building.

hey guys wang is still alive :yes: well at least to this day 3 companys
in the point towers STILL USE WANG pieces!!!! the only reason i know this is
the company i work for we do pick ups in that building.
 
Back
Top Bottom