• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

welton!!!

hifijohn

Active Member
I had some time to kill so I found myself in one of those 'rent a center' places.
And I may have found the ugliest and tackiest stereo system ever, its the Welton technical pro stereo. While many systems try to blend into the background this one screams 'look at me'. The first thing I noticed is that none of the components matched in style, it looks as though they just took components from other systems and threw them together. the cd player is cool looking but the tuner looks like some high schooler built it in his basement , the amp is suppose to be 2500 watts!! and its faceplate is made from thin plastic ,the bass is also very aggressive, just turning it a little clockwise produces a very boomy bass.But the icing on the cake has to be the speakers, which are made to look like PA speakers complete with side handles, silver mid horn and 4 silver horn tweeters.Also the left speaker wasn't even connected, when I told the sales lady she could care less, oh well, one channel is better than none.
For $1100 I'm sure you can do better.

attachment.php
 

Attachments

  • Welton SYS81 Large.jpg
    Welton SYS81 Large.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 399
Last edited by a moderator:
Register to hide this ad
Ironically, while cruising Craigslist, I saw one for sale for $150. It's a tough decision between this and the Wharfdale W60's in another listing. :scratch2: just gotta convince the wife. Ah, the W60's that is.
 
Good choice, the W60's you should be quite content with.

The pics are really nice. But he's selling three pair of vintage speakers, the W60's, some Optimus and I believe a set of Utah. Never heard of those. Don't need three pair, I'm just getting my Paradigm's broken in.
 
how big is this welton thing? The dimensions show that its only not that big, but the picture makes it look like it takes up an entire wall? Im slightly confused
 
So I had to look at the specs for this thing. Sure wish I had this when I was a DJ! :D

• IAB80 Integrated Amplifier (1)
• 2500 Watts peak output power (150 Watts RMS x2)
• Dual Karaoke / DJ mic inputs with multiple control features
• iPod /MP3 input on front panel
• Digital fluorescent output display meter
• Inputs: RCA (4 audio sources)
• Outputs: banana binding posts (4 Speakers)
• Cooling fan
• DBPB30 dB Display / Power Supply (1)
• View your dB level
• Creates a great lightshow for your rack
• Input: RCA
• Outputs: RCA
• 8 grounded outlets on rear panel
• Sensitivity adjusters (left and right)
• Two modes (dot and bar)
• Range: 5dB-140dB
• DV-B80 DVD Player (1)
• DVD, DVD-R, DVD-RW, CD-R, CD-RW, VCD, MP3, CD & CD-G compatible
• Auto region playback & Pal / NTSC Switchable
• Audio outputs: 2 RCA (main), 5.1 RCA, Coaxial, Optical
• Video outputs: Component, S-Video, Composite, VGA
• USB slot & SD Card memory card reader on face
• Dolby digital decoder
• Remote control
• PS81 Loudspeakers (2)
• 1500 watts peak power
• Trapezoidal cabinet, perforated steel grill
• Woofer: 15" woofer, 2.5" voice coil, 50 oz. magnet
• Mid: 5." x 15" horn, compression driver 1.5" voice coil 25 oz. magnet
• Tweeter: 4 piezo
• Frequency Response: 45Hz-20kHz
• Impedance: 8 ohms
• TU-B80 Tuner (1)
• AM-FM presets (60) with digital
• RACK Dimensions: 34 3/4"H x 20 5/8"W x 16"D
• PS81 Dimensions: 343⁄4"H x 201⁄2"W x 141⁄8"D


But if all this awesomeness isn't enough, there's always this system:
 

Attachments

  • Welton SYS80.jpg
    Welton SYS80.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
I just bought one of the Welton systems, awesome deal, The bass slams HARD dog! Woofers be like BOOM BOOM BOOM all up in my ear hole. Thats the **** right there.
 
I bet someone, somewhere, went and bought, or is renting this thing. Unbelievable::lmao:!!

Mike47
 
Four piezo tweeters in a row. How about I just stick BBQ skewers in my ears hard and skip the rental process.
 
Back
Top Bottom