• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

welton!!!

I had some time to kill so I found myself in one of those 'rent a center' places.
And I may have found the ugliest and tackiest stereo system ever, its the Welton technical pro stereo. While many systems try to blend into the background this one screams 'look at me'. The first thing I noticed is that none of the components matched in style, it looks as though they just took components from other systems and threw them together. the cd player is cool looking but the tuner looks like some high schooler built it in his basement , the amp is suppose to be 2500 watts!! and its faceplate is made from thin plastic ,the bass is also very aggressive, just turning it a little clockwise produces a very boomy bass.But the icing on the cake has to be the speakers, which are made to look like PA speakers complete with side handles, silver mid horn and 4 silver horn tweeters.Also the left speaker wasn't even connected, when I told the sales lady she could care less, oh well, one channel is better than none.
For $1100 I'm sure you can do better.

attachment.php
I actually bought one from a rent a center and it was the biggest mistake I ever made.I paid way to much the speakers are junk and it will not produce anywhere close to 2500 watts it's more like 75watts per channel.When you turn it up the plastic midrange horn and the side handles buz and pop.I ended up taking the midst out and blanking the hole and gave them to my 12 year-old son
 
Bummer, man. If only you had run across this thread first. :p At least you're not alone. Many of us made poor decisions at some point, be it audio, cars, girlfriends, you name it. :smoke:
 
I hear ya man. I bought that stereo thinking it would power my cerwin Vega re 30 12"s and cerwin Vega vs series 12"s but I was sadly mistaken.But things are getting better I have a sansui 9090 in the repair shop now and I just refoamed the midrange and 15" woofers of a pair of realistic mach 2s.I also have a pair of Bose 601 series 2s.So hopefully I'll have a decent stereo before to long.I will just have to figure out what speakers sound best together with the sansui 9090
 
I just bought one of the Welton systems, awesome deal, The bass slams HARD dog! Woofers be like BOOM BOOM BOOM all up in my ear hole. Thats the **** right there.

I didn't know they could stack **** that high.
index.php


Gives a new meaning to the term "multi-tier system"... Just one quick look at those drivers, and even a 3yr old would know they're crap... (I guess it depends on the 3yr old :rolleyes: ).
index.php
 
Last edited:
I hear ya man. I bought that stereo thinking it would power my cerwin Vega re 30 12"s and cerwin Vega vs series 12"s but I was sadly mistaken.But things are getting better I have a sansui 9090 in the repair shop now and I just refoamed the midrange and 15" woofers of a pair of realistic mach 2s.I also have a pair of Bose 601 series 2s.So hopefully I'll have a decent stereo before to long.I will just have to figure out what speakers sound best together with the sansui 9090

I heard through the grapevine that the 9090 does a real nice job with the Wharfedale Denton 80th anniversary reissues. Excellent speakers with a breathtaking veneer. Anyway, just a thought, in case the others don't work out with the 9090 (or the room perhaps).
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom