Which BTW was a available with a V-8![]()
and some of them were available with Levi's interiors
Which BTW was a available with a V-8![]()
Unrelated to the thread but still funny... a few years ago, I was in Venice (California), and a couple was riding recumbent bikes on the boardwalk area. As usual, it was pretty crowded. The man began fanning his hand in front of his face saying things were stinky (his words) with a squinched up face. I thought it was pretty strange somebody would be butt-level in a crowd and be seemingly surprised at smelling something stinky....It's an ICE Adventure, made in England. I also had a Catrike Trail, made in Florida; I added a Tongsheng motor to it too.
View attachment 2514888
The ICE rides nicer and the Catrike was lower and handled better. Both companies now offer trikes with mid drive motors but DIY you save a LOT of money and get a considerably more powerful motor to boot. And bigger batteries with longer range too.
https://www.icetrikes.co/
https://www.catrike.com/
https://www.eco-ebike.com/collections/tongsheng-tsdz2/products/tsdz2ecoplusrecumbenttrikemodel
@sanford12 sorry we got off topic and sorry on behalf of @zebra03 for the emoji’s.
They found pretty quickly the copper rivets were a bad ideaand some of them were available with Levi's interiors
Most Subaru Outbacks are hatchbacks, or they have been in the past. SUV's are more desirable than cars in the market these days, so that's no surprise. My old '04 Forester was considered a truck at one point, despite being built on the Impreza chassis. Now it's considered a compact crossover SUV. I'd consider it a hatchback or wagon.Why would you call a wagon a 5-door sedan? It is not a sedan. There is a Legacy sedan. Hmm, does not look that bad. In classic Subaru tradition, it iterates the generations between bland and ugly. This one is bland, which is a compliment in the time where most cars are ugly.
![]()
Here is an emission sticker for a 2015 Outback:
![]()
According to EPA definitions, "LDV" means light-duty vehicle, "LDT2" means light-duty truck 2. The current emissions regulation specifies that trucks can pollute more than non-trucks.
As for fuel economy, I believe the target numbers are linked to vehicle type and weight. Actually, I think it is footprint nowadays, which is why all vehicles are larger than ever, not only long but wide. Quoting The Effect of Fuel Economy Standards on Vehicle Weight Dispersion and Accident Fatalities (bold is mine):
Obviously, instead of converting only large cars to trucks they can drop all cars altogether, large and small, which they did.
There is no money in building small economy cars, because they are not fuel-efficient enough to offset fuel economy penalties, not safe enough, they need as much tech as bigger cars, the margins are very low. No wonder that cheap (and small) cars are gone.
I'm so blessed to have a guardian angel.Not a biggie. Sometimes it's nice when a thread meanders
They found pretty quickly the copper rivets were a bad idea
It is more important what EPA considers it. AFAIK, ground clearance has been one of the criteria - 8 inches or more would designate a truck, well, a vehicle capable of driving off road, which is why everyone has been striving to reach this magic number (actually, 20 cm).I'd consider it a hatchback or wagon.
What are you disagreeing with? I'm not talking about 35 years ago; I'm talking about in the past decade or so, and in the past couple years in particular. What small cars do the Big 3 have in production? I remember the SHO, and it wasn't a small car. It was an excellent engine mated to a so-so car. Performance-wise, it was good, but that's about it. Still, it was a turning point for the domestic car companies.@David_NC I beg to differ.
Ford back in the 80’s came out with the Taurus. Later go be hog Roded by Yamaha in sho.
GM had the bulletproof 3800 in Buick’s & Pontiac’s.
It sounds very confusing: https://www.epa.gov/moves/how-does-moves-classify-light-duty-trucksIt is more important what EPA considers it. AFAIK, ground clearance has been one of the criteria - 8 inches or more would designate a truck, well, a vehicle capable of driving off road, which is why everyone has been striving to reach this magic number (actually, 20 cm).
I'm not sure what this has to do with anything. Even Toyota Avalon sales are higher than anything you mentioned, other than the Focus, and Camry sales are higher than every one of the ones listed combined. All numbers below are from www.goodcarbadcar.netOk. Modern vehicles in the last 10 yrs.
Focus ST, Lincoln MKS
Chevy SS and impala
Buick Regal and tour X aka station wagon
Cadillac CTS

This is a funny one. Could be a good segway to factories in South Korea.GM had still not been able to implement lean manufacturing in the rest of the United States, though GM managers trained at NUMMI were successful in introducing the approach to its unionized factories in Brazil.
There's those pesky things called reliability and reputation. Honestly, if GM make good cars that people wanted for comparable prices, they'd sell. There's lots wrong with GM and corporate America that borderline on political, so we can't go there, but that has a good bit to do with it.@David_NC I wasn’t referring to high sales volumes but simple good vehicles that were made.
at this point it’s marketing and track record. The Subaru Outback wagon is a top seller. Yet GM killed tour x for slow sales. The tour x will run circles around an outback other than off-road height clearance which most outbscks will never see. Buick is still an old persons car marque. If Buick ran ads about the outdoors and caring about animals and making donations based on sales they too would have sold well. If GM had cracked the under 50yr old LGBQT market subaru would be a sub Asian marquee.
What was the oil change interval?
These Buicks were in fact Opels. After Opel was sold to Peugeot, its models were killed. I looked at TourX, it could be had for less than $30K, I did not like the idiotic black "all-road" trim. You are right, GM did not know how to advertise these cars, and probably did not care. They wanted to kill them in favor of crossovers.@David_NCThe Subaru Outback wagon is a top seller. Yet GM killed tour x for slow sales. The tour x will run circles around an outback other than off-road height clearance which most outbscks will never see. Buick is still an old persons car marque.
I'm so blessed to have a guardian angel.
I wasn't talking about you , but thanks.Just what I've always wanted my very own AK troll. Bless your heart.