• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

Went to a Kia dealer about a new hybrid car

Went to look at the Telluride last year and the Kia dealership salesman made it very clear that they were selling them at 10k over list price and couldn't keep them in stock.There's an ass for every seat I always say.
 
Went to look at the Telluride last year and the Kia dealership salesman made it very clear that they were selling them at 10k over list price and couldn't keep them in stock.There's an ass for every seat I always say.

Think thats crazy... I know a guy who's wife wanted a telluride and they live in NOLA. Couldnt find a new one within 200mi. and ended up buying a slightly used one with 5,000mi. on clock. Mind you MSRP is around 45K. HE PAID 50,000.00!!!

I mentioned to him that Palisade was the sister car and there were plenty for sale NEW in the area for List price! He said wife wants what she wants....He's an attorney and would rather keep his home life happy!
 
We decided to hold on to our Ford Explorer until the economy takes a turn for the worse and then get a new ride. I am also on the reserved list for the all electric Ford Lightning but we'll see how that will work out.
 
Last edited:
Maybe take a look at the RAV4 prime as you can get the $7500 rebate vs $4,500 as it has a 40 mile range vs 26 miles. Your state may give a rebate also. Sure it may cost a bit more but the rebate(s) will help there, plus the Toyota name and range will help with resale big time!
 
Speaking of Kia, I had to go to my nearby Kia dealer to see this market adjustment pricing first hand. Omg. Kia should be ashamed of themselves for not pulling dealers that try to do this. 2 examples

rio msrp 17,430 dealer markup 5,000 not to mention their additional 1400.00 for dealer bs add ons.

Sorento msrp 46,110 dealer markup 10,000 not to mention their additional 1400.00 for dealer bs add ons.

disgusting
 

Attachments

  • 24F5F966-C1CB-466B-93EB-05C33E9A599F.jpeg
    24F5F966-C1CB-466B-93EB-05C33E9A599F.jpeg
    88.6 KB · Views: 9
  • 14C33C01-A79C-4361-9610-89CD00CBBEC3.jpeg
    14C33C01-A79C-4361-9610-89CD00CBBEC3.jpeg
    116.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 58238922-FE73-47F7-8C8A-4B23849B0A69.jpeg
    58238922-FE73-47F7-8C8A-4B23849B0A69.jpeg
    85 KB · Views: 9
  • 2E04B3F3-7A4E-45DA-8CF5-4413644C0DE9.jpeg
    2E04B3F3-7A4E-45DA-8CF5-4413644C0DE9.jpeg
    116.3 KB · Views: 9
Speaking of Kia, I had to go to my nearby Kia dealer to see this market adjustment pricing first hand. Omg. Kia should be ashamed of themselves for not pulling dealers that try to do this. 2 examples

rio msrp 17,430 dealer markup 5,000 not to mention their additional 1400.00 for dealer bs add ons.

Sorento msrp 46,110 dealer markup 10,000 not to mention their additional 1400.00 for dealer bs add ons.

disgusting

Kia is the highest for dealer mark-ups in the US. Talked to a Kia salesman a Cincinnati dealership. I was looking at a used Honda Clarity. He tried to steer me to a Hyundai Ioniq so I asked if if they had dealer mark-up. Yes he said. Told him I don't do dealer MU. The jovial tone in his voice got a little icy. He actually said Merica was free trade. Told him I see it not as free trade but what it is Price Gouging. Told him I didn't care for the idea of paying an extra 4000 then make payments on that 4000 to the tune of about 8000 total for a 5 year loan. He was actually getting pissed. Can't say I wasn't smiling. More people need to start busting their chops.

Got a perfectly good car that gets decent milage. I'll wait for the deal I want. Yes it is disgusting. Money grubbing at it's worst. My brother lives in Colorado near a no MU Kia dealer. It would be worth the price of a plane ticket.
 
I get dealer mark ups on some cars:

New C8 corvette
Special GT2 GT3 911
Even new 400z when it comes out...

As well as some niche well priced EV or hybrid such as new ford maverick...But some run of the mill base model Kia or a Sorrento that fully loaded already has a laughable msrp of 44,000.00

Thats not just calling Merica consumers dumb, but down right brainless!
 
Something about "the highest price the market will bear". If people will pay it, what incentive do dealers have to not charge it and stick that extra profit right in their pockets? Businesses are not moral entities, their entire purpose is to maximize profit.

In getting close to skirting the rules, this is exactly why I have a problem with the concept that "businesses are people".
 
Back
Top Bottom