Very recently some true horror was put in my life's path. I donned my armor and fought the good fight. I have always loved music, but during this time I was even more sensitized to it.
So I dug through boxes and unearthed some "comfort" albums. They were albums I could listen to, get lost in and feel comfortable and content and safe. Some were because of good memories or they were tied to family/friends and others were probably because of what they meant to me at the time they came out. For others it might be the music itself or lyrics. No judgements on what makes you comfortable, just curious to see people's responses.
I had many such albums but want to limit the list to just 5. Lists of 10 always makes me want to be as inclusive as possible. They don't have to be the most comforting, just 5 that come to mind, sort of an emotional gut response.
If no music hits you like this, let us know that too.
My 5 are in no particular order
1. Uriah Heep - Demons and Wizards
2. Ahmad Jamal - But Not For Me (Live at the Pershing)
3. Jethro Tull - Stand Up
4. Mahavishnu Orchestra - Birds of Fire
5. Zappa - The Grand Wazoo
So I dug through boxes and unearthed some "comfort" albums. They were albums I could listen to, get lost in and feel comfortable and content and safe. Some were because of good memories or they were tied to family/friends and others were probably because of what they meant to me at the time they came out. For others it might be the music itself or lyrics. No judgements on what makes you comfortable, just curious to see people's responses.
I had many such albums but want to limit the list to just 5. Lists of 10 always makes me want to be as inclusive as possible. They don't have to be the most comforting, just 5 that come to mind, sort of an emotional gut response.
If no music hits you like this, let us know that too.
My 5 are in no particular order
1. Uriah Heep - Demons and Wizards
2. Ahmad Jamal - But Not For Me (Live at the Pershing)
3. Jethro Tull - Stand Up
4. Mahavishnu Orchestra - Birds of Fire
5. Zappa - The Grand Wazoo