• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What are good Ear Buds???

What are some good earbuds...Hmmmm.
I think a better question would be "What good are some earbuds?"
LOL!
I don't know but My Daughter swears by Her pink Maxells or Her hello kittys.
(and her head be moving like they sound all world too)
LOL!
 
Looks promising...probably just what I am looking for.
Still about double what I would be comfortable spending.(I'm on disability...not much cash to spend)

Maybe I could score some at a discount somewhere. :scratch2: :smoke:

I certainly get the price reservation. I had them on loan from another AKer who wanted me to hear them (thanks Ray) and still miss them. I'll probably buy another pair at some point but I've not been traveling/commuting as much so I don't use earbuds that often. At home I use over-ear Audio Technica Ath-A700s and Ath-AD700s, both of which I also really like (especially the closed back ones).


Another pair that I am using now that the Turbines have been returned to their owner, is a pair of Sony active noise-cancelling earbuds that I bought at the Sony outlet store for 1/2 price. If you need noise cancelled on a plane or train or work environment, they work well for what they are and the sound quality is not bad at all. The "plugged ear" noise cancelling of the design itself is augmented by active noise cancelling which really does quiet things down. You can turn off the noise cancelling as well. My only issue is that I keep forgetting to turn it off and go through AAA batteries because of it.
 
I've found satisfaction with pretty much any Sennheiser earbuds on Amazon for around $40 - $50, but then again, some are only happy with the meabuck TOTL ones.
 
I use Brainwavs M1's: http://www.yourbrainwavz.com/m1.htm

They have logged many hours of Pandora and Mixcloud streaming from my laptop.

I bought them on sale for ~$25 shipped, and they are definitely worth that. Closer to their retail of $40 competition gets a little more stiff, but the headfi folks still seem to think they are a contender at that price-point last I checked. They are easy on the highs, a bit lush in the midrange, with fairly powerful and decently tight bass.

Most, if not all, of the products discussed in this thread so far are technically considered to be in-ear monitors, or IEMs. IEMs are designed to make a snug fit in the entry to your ear canal so your ear canal acts as a part of the resonance chamber (like a speaker cab). Earbuds work more like tiny open baffles projecting sound into your ear. If you haven't tried IEMs, I suggest getting a very cheap pair just to gauge how you will react to having something seal into your ear. Some folks really don't like it.
 
I got lucky and was selected as a reviewer when the Turbine Golds first came on the market. The price would be a killer for me, too, as I don't use them that often, but damn do they sound good.
 
Ear buds are useless for me . . . too big for my ear canal :tears:
Over the ear clips are all I can find to stay on/in while I'm working out, especially on treadmill. No way I'm using my Grado 60s for that!

Roger
 
The Monsters come with different shaped and sized ear pieces that pretty much will fit anyone after trial and error. $99 form an authorized source is very compelling. If you were to buy them on Amazon or eBay for that price, invariably they would be counterfeit .
 
I got lucky and was selected as a reviewer when the Turbine Golds first came on the market. The price would be a killer for me, too, as I don't use them that often, but damn do they sound good.

I signed up for that program but was not picked. That was a great way to introduce their product.
 
What about folding, on-ear types like Sennheiser PX 100? My originals have a little plastic case to protect them and might fit into a briefcase. Better comfort and sound than most of the cheap ear buds.

Cheers,

Otto
 
The Monsters come with different shaped and sized ear pieces that pretty much will fit anyone after trial and error. $99 form an authorized source is very compelling. If you were to buy them on Amazon or eBay for that price, invariably they would be counterfeit .

I've never found any earbuds that did not hurt my ears, so these at least address that situation. However, I'll just use 'phones because I have decided that the prices asked for buds are just way too high. Though I can and do understand them being worth it to others, they just aren't for me because I don't do anything or go any place with an audio device where headphones cannot be used.
 
Why are people assuming earbuds should be so much cheaper than equivalent headphones? That doesn't make any sense to me.
 
Well, they're kinda like socks and underwear, only worse.

I wish there was someplace around here where I could audition buds before buying.
Think about it. You actually stick them INSIDE a body cavity. How many items would you be willing to do that witj knowing that strangers have done it with that item as well?

:scratch2:

OK, I know. I think you know what I mean here.
 
Those shure 3 ways are really really nice, they hac individual woofer tweeter and mid In each earbud, but their 400 bucks I think
 
Back
Top Bottom