• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What are the gains from 2230 to 2235b

Register to hide this ad
The 2230 is capacitor coupled so is smoother. The 2235B is not but has five more watts. If the price is the same, go for the watts and the newer design.
 
If you already have the 2230, it really isn't worth it to replace it with a 2235B. The 2235B has a better tuner, IMO. The difference in power is negligible, unless you have the 2235B rebuilt. Mine tested at 47WPC. The 2230 has slightly better build quality, but it's tougher to work on if you plan on recapping it. If I didn't have a Marantz, I'd take the 2235B.
 
I would always go for the smoother response. I think it would serve me better than those 5 extra watts. But that's me.
 
Back
Top Bottom