• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What Are These?

Register to hide this ad
Those are E.V. 15 TRX, and the last one i seen on epay had a 250.00 price tag. They sound great, wait till you see how big those drivers are, they are bigger than the 515Bs
 
Those are E.V. 15 TRX, and the last one i seen on epay had a 250.00 price tag. They sound great, wait till you see how big those drivers are, they are bigger than the 515Bs

Just got home with the mystery speakers and yuppers, you got the ID correct. They are 15TRXB's and are HUGE! The seller was using them for PA speakers:no: so I'm feel like I rescued them.

I was thinking tubes would makes these sing but sadly one of the 15TRXB's is blown and completely silent. Can it be rebuilt?

ev1.jpg
 
Just got home with the mystery speakers and yuppers, you got the ID correct. They are 15TRXB's and are HUGE! The seller was using them for PA speakers:no: so I'm feel like I rescued them.

I was thinking tubes would makes these sing but sadly one of the 15TRXB's is blown and completely silent. Can it be rebuilt?

ev1.jpg

Yes, they can be rebuilt, cone kits and voice coils are still available, but you might have to check around a bit. Usually anyone who rebuilds Altec and JBL will have the parts, or be able to locate them. I have one needing a rebuild too, I was quoted 115.00 per speaker to rebuild. They sound great, and very much worth a little T.L.C. Great find. Tubes should really bring them to life. If you cant find anyone to rebuild them let me know. I know a place that has the parts, and is excellent on the EVs.
 
Back
Top Bottom