• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

what kind of speakers are these and what are they worth?

Register to hide this ad
What's the knocker for?
Tannoys have a good rep but I'm not familiar with these, gotta be worth a few bucks though. On spec I'd go a few hundred understanding they'd be hard to flip.
 
What's the knocker for?
Tannoys have a good rep but I'm not familiar with these, gotta be worth a few bucks though. On spec I'd go a few hundred understanding they'd be hard to flip.

To test cabinet density? LOL You could prob. part the drivers for at least a couple hundred or more depending on what they are. That being said the person selling them may know this as well.
 
Not sure about the Tannoy's but it looks like a Sansui AU-9500
Sitting on top of the Left speaker !
But he'll most likely want an offer on that too
 
Yeah - the driver in the right hand picture doesn't look like a Tannoy. So if you aren't completely up on Tannoys, beware.
 
These are not my speakers but I do know about them. The Tannoy drivers were mine at one time and the cabinets belonged to a friend of mine, although they were not all dressed up like they are now.
They are real tannoy`s but the cabinets are not. The guy selling them is OK, I have dealt with him before, He`s a kind, honest guy but like allot of folks tired of the scams and dishonesty that goes about when dealing with strangers.
I know he wants to move them , They do sound very, very good but I really dont have the money to buy them.
Nearly for got to mention. The tannoys in the cabs are gold underneath but for some reason were painted black, the magnets are ceramic. They were removed from a hotel in wall system wich may explain the black frames, but I really dont know.
 
Last edited:
I don't recognize the item on the right top of the right speaker but the item on the left looks like an Audio Research SP-3.

I'll take that.
 
He'll get way more on Ebay anyway. Those can be refoamed but looks like someone didn't put the gold back on the edge of that surround. I'd pull the old one off and get something to make them match. What's the concensus here. Leave as is or go to a cloth shop and find the right fabric to match what's on there and cut and glue?
 
Back
Top Bottom