• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

AR 10 Pi speaker - $150

Register to hide this ad
I talked to the guy tonight...they need new surrounds...not sure I need another project...the price is right though...are these a 3-way? and are the surrounds easy to source?
 
(btw, not all CCF suspensions are created equal - do NOT buy the cheapest out there, you get what you pay for). If you are buying them just for project purposes that would be a judgement call. Time is worth more than money.
 
Last edited:
(btw, not all CCF suspensions are created equal - do NOT buy the cheapest out there, you get what you pay for). If you are buying them just for project purposes that would be a judgement call. Time is worth more than money.

Off topic, sorry.

Pardon, my ignorance. What are "CCF suspensions" ?

And, is this true? How does someone determine the quality of foam? I thought they were all basically of the same material/quality.
 
CCF - Closed Cell Foam (can't answer tech specifics)

Happened to just see this post after I got home. I picked them up about an hour ago - $100 for the pair is what he had relisted them to yesterday. I'll post some pics in the speaker forum.
 
Nice speakers! I've got a set to refurb myself.
They allegedly are the last refinement in the AR-3* line, very rare and quite collectible.

Ya done good!!
 
When I was part of the manufacturing team for AR in the 70's I remember they were going for $699.00 CDN. in 1976. I worked for Lenbrook Ind. in Scarborough Ontario and they made AR speakers for a few years.
 
Back
Top Bottom