• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Quick out to drop the empties off at the beer store, grab some twine at the hardware store to tie up the weed and to the grocery store for some distilled water for the ultra sonic cleaner. In the process of cleaning my Johnny Winter and Ten Years After records which adds up to 24. We'll see if I do more after that.
On the table now
20260908_125602.jpg20260908_125634.jpg20260908_125641.jpg
 
These are awesome brother.Thanks for sharing this. I know just what you mean.After i lost my job at Northwest Airlines i was forced to sell some of the most valuable portion of my collection for some quick cash.It was unbelievably difficult.Now that we're back in business i couldn't touch those books if i tried they've gone up so much in value.
You should do great on these by the way. :thumbsup:

Yeah I know what you mean, these have gone up a lot. Compared to what I paid a great investment, unlike 99% of my comics :rflmao:Yeah I'm targeting some of the most valuable one for selling, but I won't do it quick, will price right at current market or just a little below. Anyway I've had these for 25ish years, time they moved on.
I've a buddy who sold his collection a few years back to put a hefty down payment on his house.
 
And somehow I remember this 1978 hit.
(comments say debut #48 us hot 100.)
Plastique Bertrand ---Ca Plane Pour Moi

  • Lyrics: The lyrics are intentionally nonsensical, describing a chaotic, drug-fueled night with "whiskey-drinking cats" and a "divan king," meant to mimic the stoned perspective of LSD.
The same musicians and song was originally “Jet Boy, Jet Girl” by Elton Motello.


The Damned also did a version of this song which I like a lot.
 
There are some i just won't part with no matter what.If you have any you feel this way about set 'em aside.:thumbsup:

Most of my favorites are not that valuable, like 1980's era Amazing Spider man. I have a pretty solid run of ASM missing most of the first 20 issues. Of course the ones I'm missing are the $$ issues. I did sell my 1st appearance of the Punisher last year. I paid $30 for it in 1987. I was 17. Got $2000 for it. Couldn't justify keeping it anymore
 
The day got away. Did some light yard stuff with wifey & Champ in tow.

Gave wifey my keys then spent the rest of the morning searching for them after she promptly lost them! Ended up finding them in the garbage (heh). Had a celebratory brunch at Subway.

I can’t tell you how many times that I've found stuff for the spouse over the years...

Hope you find musical joy AK!
 
Last edited:
Yeah I know what you mean, these have gone up a lot. Compared to what I paid a great investment, unlike 99% of my comics :rflmao:Yeah I'm targeting some of the most valuable one for selling, but I won't do it quick, will price right at current market or just a little below. Anyway I've had these for 25ish years, time they moved on.

One of my brothers is hardcore comic collector.
My other brothers collected baseball cards and stuff since they were kids too.

He has a press to iron out comics before he has them graded.
Buys low and sells them high when movies come out.
Crazy...

IMG_3971.jpeg

IMG_3972.JPG
 
not real happy. the platter mat and center ring are missing. all the pics had an album on the platter and there was no mention that they were missing.

i spent too much on this for it not to be all there.

i found a mat. i will never find the ring.

something advertised as "restored' should not be missing parts. ****!
 
Back
Top Bottom