• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

Evening folks! :bye:
Got to the wreckers after work and found the part I was looking for. If I want to buy an OEM from Hyundai it was going to cost $650 + taxes. From the wreckers I paid a grand total of $20.59 taxes and environmental fees included. Took me longer to make the trip to and from the donor car than it took to remove the part. Installed it after dinner. Cleared the codes and no more check engine light. We'll see over the next couple of days if all remains good. They have a 15 day return policy. As you can see, not much of a part when you compare it to the utility knife or remote.
VCM actuator.
20260916_203414.jpg20260916_203422.jpg
 
20260916_203414-jpg.3838072

Evening folks! :bye:
Got to the wreckers after work and found the part I was looking for. If I want to buy an OEM from Hyundai it was going to cost $650 + taxes.
Is that some sort of intake manifold mass air control device?

Thanks!
 
More or less, yes. Controls the internal intake flaps in the manifold.

This ones from my 2013 Elantra which just rolled 293,000 kms this morning. Hence why wrecker parts in this instance are a far more viable option.

I believe the generic industry term is "variable volume intake." It's good for extracting maximum power while maintaining efficiency over a broad range of RPM.
 
Back
Top Bottom