I have almost all of their output, as well. A band I truly enjoy. Great to see it posted hereI don’t think I’ve ever seen anyone post this, I have a copy as well.
I'm hypothesizing your main speakers were set to full range or large so the home theatre AVR wasn't sending a signal to the sub.I just realized about an hour ago that the sub in my home theater wasn't getting any signal! Power LED is on but no sound... don't know how long it's been like that? At high vo;ume there's so much o/p from the the front and center channels I didn't notice anything missing... a selection change in the Yamaha A6A setup parameters was the answer... all better!![]()
Eggzactly... but here's the thing- it was working up until recently without changing the setup to "extra bass", and if that's the norm, it's stupid because the Yamaha truncates the bottom end of the fronts and all large speakers at 80Hz regardless! So why ON EARTH would you turn the sub off if you select large speakers??? Get my drift?I'm hypothesizing your main speakers were set to full range or large so the home theatre AVR wasn't sending a signal to the sub.![]()

Is that a Cleric/Monk talking to a wall in the second from top pic? lol...
Fr. Gioia, resident theologian. There is a person on the other side LOLIs that a Cleric/Monk talking to a wall in the second from top pic? lol...![]()
Honestly once you're on the operating table you're a piece of meat as long as you have a regular heart beat and normal breathing the operating team has more important stuff to deal with.Yea exactly, some folks care but the majority of them it’s just a job. I hate going to the hospital.
So they're both talking to a wall??? LOLFr. Gioia, resident theologian. There is a person on the other side LOL
Brings to mind the Monty Python skit (forget which movie now) of the procession of Monks chanting "E Nomine Padre" "Thwack"!!! all smashing their heads with a wooden plank in unison... nearly pee'd myself at that!So they're both talking to a wall??? LOL![]()
Is this a new thing on Yamaha AVRs to truncate the signal to the front and centre speakers at 80hz unless the AVR sends a signal to the speakers to confirm the speakers can perform accordingly to the specs of the AVREggzactly... but here's the thing- it was working up until recently without changing the setup to "extra bass", and if that's the norm, it's stupid because the Yamaha truncates the bottom end of the fronts and all large speakers at 80Hz regardless! So why ON EARTH would you turn the sub off if you select large speakers??? Get my drift?![]()
Honestly once you're on the operating table you're a piece of meat as long as you have a regular heart beat and normal breathing the operating team has more important stuff to deal with.
I can change the the cutoff frequency, but I didn't see a "full range" setting? I do a manual setup as the YPAO is a pain compared to other AVR's I've had, and my living room arrangement is not conducive to putting microphone stands on the sofa, with the mic cable just barely long enough to reach the reciever. and doing 3 runs in each position... I use a laser rangefinder to determine exact positions, and input them manually- it then wants to know the cutoff freq... from my recollection... and like I said I don't recall seeing a full range selection?Is this a new thing on Yamaha AVRs to truncate the signal to the front and centre speakers
