• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What are you Listening To Right Now? - and more

I see this classic posted here often and with good reason.Everybody plays great on it. I haven't listened to it in years.For me this LP is all about Cannonball.There's the only LP by Marsalis i own over there on the left.
View attachment 3853109
In my books Marsalis is clearly a superior trumpeter... incredible articulation! I find Davis sloppy at times- misses notes, some slobbering lips here and there- awesome material mind you... :)
 
it sucks for the artists for mfkn sure.
there are less sophisticated/informed folks listening and not being able to discern the difference. and might not even care.
so AI will see that and generate more algorithms. like we need more.
Gotta say, that stuff I'm still listening to, absolutely hit the nail on the head for me! I'll still play it, although like I said, it's not good for business... :(
 
Good for you!! Keep at it!!

I gave up drinking for a decade and a half, when COVID hit I started again. Had a bad experience once and that had me not touch any alcohol for well over 15 years. Even the smell of alcohol would make me sick.

Now I’ll sip a bourbon on the weekend and have 2-3 bears. I rarely touch it during the week. I do like a good non alcoholic beer every so often on a random Wednesday lol

The non alcoholic beer is actually good on your gut, a lot of folks swear by it for after a work out power down drink. I’ve found a few that if you didn’t tell me was a N.A. I’d have never known. A lot of times if you see me drinking a beer it’s N.A. not right now tho lol


View attachment 3845704

I use to have a bottle of the old Forrester that was 140 proof. That stuff was no joke lol

This stag sips like an 90 ^^
Goddam tarriff war between our two great countries is keeping me from getting my hands on bourbon :rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:
 
In my books Marsalis is clearly a superior trumpeter... incredible articulation! I find Davis sloppy at times- misses notes, some slobbering lips here and there- awesome material mind you... :)
I've heard a lot of Wynton over the years and honestly i don't have much interest in him.I own his first LP and the Vince Guaraldi tribute he did.I own most everything Miles ever did so there's that.:rflmao:Miles isn't my favorite trumpet player either Lee Morgan is followed by Freddie Hubbard. :thumbsup:
 
I use it on the dedicated 2 channel system to boost only the 30Hz and 60 Hz regions because the seating location in reference to the speaker location is at a bit of a bass null in the room. The remaining bands are flat.

View attachment 3853122View attachment 3853123
I see... While I can definitely see their necessity in pro-sound applications, cars, and clearly messed up listening environments, I don't believe they are the path to the highest quality sound in a home environment... I don't like the insertion loss... just my take... :)
 
I see... While I can definitely see their necessity in pro-sound applications, cars, and clearly messed up listening environments, I don't believe they are the path to the highest quality sound in a home environment... I don't like the insertion loss... just my take... :)
If you heard my system with and without EQ, you would definitely say the EQ'd sound is better. No insertion loss what's so ever.

Key Specifications
    • Frequency Bands (10-band per channel): 30 Hz, 60 Hz, 120 Hz, 240 Hz, 480 Hz, 1 kHz, 2 kHz, 4 kHz, 8 kHz, and 16 kHz [1]
    • Control Range: ±12 dB (2 dB steps) [1]
    • Frequency Response: 10 Hz to 50 kHz (-1 dB) [1]
    • Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR): 105 dB (IHF A Network) [1]
    • Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): Less than 0.005% – 0.006% (20 Hz – 20 kHz, 1V output) [1, 2]
    • Input / Output Sensitivity: 1V rated (7V max) [1]
    • Input Impedance: 47 k-ohms [1]
    • Power Consumption: 10 Watts [1]
    • Dimensions (W x H x D): 435 x 122 x 271 mm (17-1/8" x 4-13/15" x 10-11/15") [1]
    • Weight: 3.5 kg (7 lbs. 11 oz.) [1]
 
I've heard a lot of Wynton over the years and honestly i don't have much interest in him.I own his first LP and the Vince Guaraldi tribute he did.I own most everything Miles ever did so there's that.:rflmao:Miles isn't my favorite trumpet player either Lee Morgan is followed by Freddie Hubbard. :thumbsup:
It just occurred to me I have a Freddie Hubbard LP- Polar AC... I have zero recollection of it... I'll stumble across it one day... :)
 
If you heard my system with and without EQ, you would definitely say the EQ'd sound is better. No insertion loss what's so ever.

Key Specifications
    • Frequency Bands (10-band per channel): 30 Hz, 60 Hz, 120 Hz, 240 Hz, 480 Hz, 1 kHz, 2 kHz, 4 kHz, 8 kHz, and 16 kHz [1]
    • Control Range: ±12 dB (2 dB steps) [1]
    • Frequency Response: 10 Hz to 50 kHz (-1 dB) [1]
    • Signal-to-Noise Ratio (SNR): 105 dB (IHF A Network) [1]
    • Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): Less than 0.005% – 0.006% (20 Hz – 20 kHz, 1V output) [1, 2]
    • Input / Output Sensitivity: 1V rated (7V max) [1]
    • Input Impedance: 47 k-ohms [1]
    • Power Consumption: 10 Watts [1]
    • Dimensions (W x H x D): 435 x 122 x 271 mm (17-1/8" x 4-13/15" x 10-11/15") [1]
    • Weight: 3.5 kg (7 lbs. 11 oz.) [1]
I have to say those specs are pretty damn good... I'm a believer in the "straight wire with gain" philosophy- as little as possible in the signal path is better... :)
 
Back
Top Bottom