• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What brand is your main receiver?

What brand is your main receiver/amp?


  • Total voters
    612
  • Poll closed .
Are the top 3 leading because they have their own forums ( and the poll posted in each forum) or do they have their own forums because they're the most popular ?? :)

Ray
 
I'd argue that pioneer seems to be a strong brand presence here among members, but I wonder if Yamaha and Marantz had their own forum, if there'd be more votes for them, and if Sansui did not have its own forum, if there'd be less.

I own both Sansui and Marantz, and also Yamaha now. Oh, and Kenwood.

More Kenwood than anything else, but more complete of a Sansui setup.

I suspect my Yamaha will give the Sansui a run for its money as my favorite.
 
juncers said:
Are the top 3 leading because they have their own forums ( and the poll posted in each forum) or do they have their own forums because they're the most popular ?? :)

Ray

Well, "back in the day", Pioneer was the leader in market share, so no surprise there.

Surprisingly, Macintosh has an unusually strong following here, way out of proportion to their sales. I would say of all the companies that we talk about though, they probably had the smallest market share, due only to their price. Or, can you vote twice in that survey? :) (Note: that was a joke, and in no way meant as a slur against any AK member or company mentioned)

In other words, Pioneer and Mac, my feeling is they were sorta like Chevrolet and Cadillac in terms of sales...
 
I believe if Marantz and Yamaha had their owen forums, we would see a huge increase in this thread for the brands.

Google, yahoo, and etc searches for pioneer, mcintosh or sansui turn this site up as the #1 result, that is how a lot of members find this place.
 
Lefty said:
Ah but while you claim domain of the dark side, your glowing filaments reveal your true intentions, distortion to all that you entice with your myths and weak ass glass envelopes :thumbsdn:

Lefty
:yes: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
 
There are a lot more Yamaha owners than just those few who responded. I would have voted Yamaha, if I hadn't voted "Other".
 
The French have a phrase for it - "Chaq'un a son gout". It does not matter which 'lab' tests them, which musicians endorse them, it all comes down to your own ears and tastes. Trying to think of the esoteric audio magazine of the late 60's, early 70's. but I auditioned several systems they recommended and basic reaction was 'Huh?". All this really means is that each of us has their own tastes and more important, their own particular hearing. What sounds great to me might sound like s**t to you.

Rob
 
Aage said:
Surprisingly, Macintosh has an unusually strong following here, way out of proportion to their sales. I would say of all the companies that we talk about though, they probably had the smallest market share, due only to their price. Or, can you vote twice in that survey? :) (Note: that was a joke, and in no way meant as a slur against any AK member or company mentioned)

No, Mac owners don't get to vote twice... but we do get to buy OTHER people's votes! It's the American Way! :thmbsp:
 
pmsummer said:
No, Mac owners don't get to vote twice... but we do get to buy OTHER people's votes! It's the American Way! :thmbsp:
I think y'all just found a nice little niche here, a good thing. :thmbsp:
 
Back
Top Bottom