• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What did I do to my Dynaco A10?

For two, yeah I'd get them, you would have an extra. I burned one up testing a receiver one time. That was dumb, I should have used a less valuable speaker which I have plenty of.
 
Since you don't see any listed or sold on ebay take the two and install them in your cabs then sell the working one, may get your $80.00 or at least half of it back..:naughty:
 
Thanks, that's helpful. Anyone else?

My comment was for other people that hopefully, don't make the same mistake. Sorry it was on your stuff, but I think you also may have learned a lesson. All lessons are not in a class-room. Your woofer is hosed, so you probably need to watch Ebay and find another one. BTW, been there, done that......
 
He found a replacement (see Post #17 and onward), I think the OP gets that he made a mistake. If not, I will remind him: Hey OP, you big dummy, I hope you learned your lesson! If not, it will cost you.

Or maybe it would be nicer, and more effective, if I were to say something like: Hey OP...we've all had those "oops" moments. To help avoid them, it's best to never make changes to your connections with power on". Yeah, that's what I'm going with. Ignore my negative comment,.
 
For what it's worth, AK Member GordonW seems to have a pretty good reputation for rewinding voice coils on Dynaco woofers.

And yes, we all do something we regret when dealing with this old gear. Usually about 3 milliseconds after we do it. It happens.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom