• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What do you guys think about the new cosmetic changes that ebay is making???

elgato8905

Nobody special.
What do you guys think about the new changes ebay is making to the item/ my ebay pages. I think they call it the "Beta" format. I think it sucks personally. It seemed like it was fine just the way it was. I know you can opt out of it for know but I think in the future you will have to use it. What do you guys think about it. It seems to me that ebay is wasting time doing this kind if thing instead of concentrating on their bigger more important problems. What are your thoughts???:scratch2:
 
Register to hide this ad
I was very happy when i could finally "opt out" of the beta program, i was part of a group of about 15% of users who had no choice but to use the new beta format of my ebay for the last 6-8 weeks.
 
It seems to me that ebay is wasting time doing this kind if thing instead of concentrating on their bigger more important problems. What are your thoughts???:scratch2:

I don't like them and to me it reflects poor management skills, although that seems to be rampant in our country today. :yes:
A pretty menu and new decor doesn't make up for bad food in a restaurant, but that type thinking ( and avoiding substantial, meaningful changes) seems to be prevalent today in many, many industries.

FWIW, I'm pretty happy with the way eBay is/was now and don't avail myself of may of their add-ons, so as always, I'm not the right guy to ask, even though we sell a respectable amount.
 
I utterly detest the changes. Can't find anything, nothing is in a logical arrangement.

It sucks. I'm out.
 
They're worse than the grocery store and Lowe's. Every other week they feel the need to move the stuff around and make it look different. Marketing my arse.

When society fails, right after all the lawyers are killed, the marketers can be next :scratch2:
 
I wish E -Bay would stop getting so complicated-all it is - is some moron trying to justify his or her job.
Their page layout and customer service is terrrible.
I do not do near the transactions I used to because of their horsea$$ way of revamping things------:thumbsdn::thumbsdn::thumbsdn:
James
 
I prefer the internet just the way it was in the early 90's. Text only. None of this aesthetically pleasing graphical interface BS. In fact, I prefer EVERYTHING the way it was over the way it is. It used to be so much better before. :thmbsp:

...all it is - is some moron trying to justify his or her job.

Agreed. Damn economy. Every effort should be made everywhere to eliminate jobs whenever possible. Anyone who tries to justify his or her job should be considered a threat to the greater good. :thmbsp:
 
Wow... I was hoping someone would chime in with something good to say. Maybe some way this new format makes ebay better so that I might have a reason to like it. I guess you guys feel the same way I do about it.
 
My last post was completely sarcastic.

I think eBay's goal is to ultimately make eBay easier to use. The graphic design and the user interface can make or break a website and I doubt the page designers have to worry much about "justifying" their job - in fact they probably have one of the most important jobs at eBay.

If we are forced to use the new interface, I am sure we will adapt to it, get comfortable with it, and then complain again next time they change it.
 
Actually with a 2nd look it's not THAT bad, they just put the layout into tabs instead of having everything in the left menu. Like they say on Fark, you'll get over it.
 
For about the last 3 weeks, I can't pay for anything via Paypal from eBay's site.
I have to go directly to Paypal's site, or I get an email telling me "payment needs to be resent."
Is this part of the upgraded interface?
(where's the sarcasm smiley?)
I'm not using the beta software, as far as I know, anyway.
 
Anyone who takes the time to streamline tasks and resources under windows will certainly use the Opt Out feature on Epray. Beta is way to active and does not process keyword "sansui" sort by "category" well at all. Beta gives you TV's and what-nots.
 
Back
Top Bottom