• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What do you guys think of this solid wood plinth>?

WhiteSE

Is Lute Gluten Free??
Subscriber
I kinda dig it..

http://cgi.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cl.pl?anlgtabl&1197690305

1192506094.jpg


1192506093.jpg


1193382741.jpg
 
Register to hide this ad
I like solid wood anything, and thought of building similar plinths out of exotic hardwoods, but thought you didn't want to go with a single solid wood because of the possibility of transmitting low resonant frequencies. I thought that was why so many designers had blends of dis-similar woods (and other materials) and grain directions in composite plinths.
 
That's certainly one of a kind. Quite stylish and well done. Except that it's two different tables (see 2nd and 3rd pics) which one is for sale?
 
That's certainly one of a kind. Quite stylish and well done. Except that it's two different tables (see 2nd and 3rd pics) which one is for sale?

you nitpicker...the guy is selling both of them...one is a Thorens and the other is an AR XA i think.
 
The top tt :scratch2: not sure if I love it or hate it...sure would be a PITA to keep the dust out of all the nooks and crannies :yes:

Second tt no thanks :no: the legs look like they came off of some lawn furniture!
 
you nitpicker...the guy is selling both of them....

Yea, am nerdy that way. Gotta be specific, and I'm at work so logging into Audiogon is verbotten by the network nazis. I had no way of knowing, and the original post said "what do you think of this solid wood plinth ...." , not "what do you think of these solid wood plinths ...."
 
:thmbsp: I still like the top one okay, with the right supporting cast of furniture. the legs on the bottom one make me leery.
 
Either of them needs the right supporting cast of similar furniture. If you put them in a post-modern-Scandanavian-Ikeasville they would look out of place, regardless of their sound quality.
 
They'd not fit into my decor, modern mess, but I really like them. Especially #1. The look of it really sets off the table nicely. #2 looks a bit too manufactured so I like it a tad less.
 
Agree with Onepixel, talented craftsmanship, but these custom plinths dominate the look of the table and it's too much to my eye. I like cleaner lines, so not my cup of tea.

Cheers, Snade
 
Back
Top Bottom