• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What Do You "Like" About the New Format?

Click on my location and it'll take you there... ;)

Have to say, though, after a lifetime here in this state, I'm ready for a change.


Ahh, clever use of a map link! Nice area, but yes, there's a lot of Michigan and the rest of the states to explore. C'mon out west for a spell, you sure could use some warm weather, sun, and surf now!
 
Ahh, clever use of a map link! Nice area, but yes, there's a lot of Michigan and the rest of the states to explore. C'mon out west for a spell, you sure could use some warm weather, sun, and surf now!
I may be all over this end of the country during the summer--my youngest is going off to college and she hasn't visited any of the schools yet. I am also going to AXPONA in a few weeks, possibly to Pittsburgh to meet some buddies for record shopping, up to Maine in August to visit a pal who I have a standing invite to hike up Cadillac Mtn at Acadia, and quite honestly I haven't been out west to the Rockies in a decade and really miss it. Maybe next year. ;)

I should say there are only two things I like about living where I'm at now. First, it's a quiet neighborhood and the community is more close knit than our neighboring cities. Second, it's near the lake. The Nautical Mile has more registered boaters per mile than at any other point on the Great Lakes. And I'm only a handful of miles away from a Metropark that I've spent many hours at. Beyond that, there's not enough I like of this area in general to really consider staying. I liked it far better on the west side (Canton, Plymouth, etc.) but I need to get away from this part of the country...
 
kirk57 said:
I like that if I put somebody on ignore (which I very rarely do) their threads just show as started by 'ignored member'. This strikes me as funny, for some reason.

Thats interesting....
 
I kind of like the fact that AK is less a part of my life. I like the new site just fine, I still love vintage audio, tubes and music. I just don't have the desire to participate as much as I did. For some reason there is a disconnect for me. Probably just a welcome short break.
Pretty much sums it up for me. I spend a lot less time on the forum than I used to. Part of it is the posts that I responded to. In the old format, it noted when the last reply was made and if it was recent I would look at the last few posts. Now there is no indication and I just do not like checking threads just to see if anyone added anything.
 
Back
Top Bottom