• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What Is The One Song That Takes You On Your Biggest Memory Trip?

"Thirty Days In The Hole" by Humble Pie Circa 1972 as I recall. I remember that trip well. I dont remember anything good about it.

"THIRTY DAYS IN THE HOLE UHUH"
 
The two Hamilton, Joe Frank & Reynolds hits (Fallin' In Love and Don't Pull Your Love) from the early 70's when I was an early middle schooler. ALWAYS takes me back to sunny, hot summer days in downtown Bellefonte at Schaeffer's Hardware store.
 
"SPOOKY" Dennis Yost & The Classics IV
67-68 The Wife and I were newly acquainted and it was the "SUMMER OF LOVE" period after all:)
 
When I was 15 I wanted to make love anywhere anytime.... shoot, now Im 63 and I want to make love anywhere any time......hmmmmm

YOU TOO EH,seems like 1/2 Century ago already,oops it is a little more:):thmbsp:
 
I guess it depends on what mood I happen to be in. I was going to say 'Get Together' by The Young Bloods but reading these posts sure brings back memories. I relate to all of them.
 
I remember coming home from overseas, plane stewardesses were incredibly beautiful - after what I was used to - hit the ground and first heard The Guess Who with American Woman. Right on, right on.
 
Ray Charles All Time Great Country And Western Hits. I made a nice digital copy of it so I gave it a listen.

What a great album! It was released in 1962. I was 13. "I Can't Stop Loving You" was the first 45 record I ever bought. That was such a great time to be a kid! A young teenager.

When I hear the song especially played on a nice system with the volume up it gives me chills. Not just that it was such a great song (#1 for 5 weeks and high on 3 charts) but the memories it creates. I have many songs that I may prefer to hear but that one makes me remember moments from a time over 50 years ago when things were simpler and I was an innocent kid just having fun during the greatest era ever.

Excellent post Franksta! That song is one of my, if not the earliest musical memory at six years old in '62. My mother was into Town & Country music in the early sixties and she played the 45 on our Zenith console all the time and my heart flutters when I hear that beautiful song.

Another one was "Just Walk On By" by Jim Reeves.
 
Still loving you by the scorpions. Not a huge scorpions fan but that song wooses me right up for the girl that got away over 20 years ago.
 
I'm gonna' have to think about this one... I'm more of an album person myself. And there are lots of big ones for me.

"461 Ocean Blvd" instantly comes to mind because it was one of my mother's favorites when I was a kid, and I remember hearing it on Saturday mornings while she was cleaning around the house. Those were good times (She was a working mom, and this was about 5 years after my dad's accident, so the weekends meant a lot because she was home... So all the music she played on an old tube console setup she had, that stuff really brings me back to those days when I was 5, 6, and 7 years old. Carole King, Joni Mitchell, CSN&Y, Dylan, Arlo Guthrie, Peter, Paul, & Mary, Jefferson Airplaneship, etc. That was her s**t.

The best-of set that's playing right now. The Spinners. "Definitive Soul Collection" 2 discs. LOVED the Spinners when I was a kid. Most people forget how many hits they had. I grew up on those guys. They had a LONG string of hits.

Also, oddly-enough, KISS's "Double Platinum". Got it on 8-track when it first came out and played the bejesus out of it (Them... It was a double-album). The music really got overshadowed by the hype, which is a shame because there's some great stuff there, especially the Gene Simmons tracks. And that stuff sounds awesome through the W90's (They can do some amazing things with multi-tracked recordings).

And one of my all-time favorites, "The Best Of Sam & Dave". Nuff said.
 
Last edited:
I start getting a for real flash back (yeah the kind they talk about on Dragnet) anytime I play Moontan, especially Vanilla Queen.

"Fascinating lady, snowflake in the sun...". Oh yeah, that one always takes me back to 1984 and the first time I heard it. Vanilla Queen has been my favorite song on the album ever since.
 
Lots of songs came to mind the one in particular crept back into my consciousness...

Spinning Wheel by Blood Sweat & Tears. Specifically heard circa 1969 when I was ab8 or 9 years old. I'd been taken into a fraternal hall, I think the Moose lodge, but could have been the Eagles or Elks club. What I do recall is the song playing and there was an actual big six type spinning wheel on the bar.

Other than that , Meatloaf's By the Dashboard Lights brings back quite a few from later in my youth ;)
 
I imagine that a number of 'Nam era guys trip back on "We got to get out of this place" by the Animals. I remember it well from basic 1966 at Ft Bliss Tx.
 
"Steppenwolf Gold"... I inherited that one on 8-track when I was 8 years old. Probably my stepfather's favorite album (He was a HUGE "Easy Rider" fan... On the bathroom wall, he had a black & white photo from the movie set of Peter Fonda riding the chopper with the flag on it... He also LOOKED just like Fonda in "Easy Rider"... It was spooky).
 
Narrowing it down to ONE is tough because I've got a few strong memories tied to music.
If I absolutely HAD to pick one, I guess;
"More than a feelin'" by Boston, because it straddled late 70's and early 80's for me.

Certainly not my FIRST big memory song, but probably evokes the MOST memories. I guess. Hard to quantify.

America's "Horse with no name" comes in a close 2nd. I'd love to relive THAT summer just one more time. (big sigh)
 
December 1963 "Oh What A Night" Riding around in a van with some guys and girls .First time I discovered I was wanted by a girl in a more way.This song was at the top of the charts and played every half an hour on fabulous AM radio.I was fourteen.Alot of 70s AM hits listening to them now really make me nostalgic.
 
Time in a Bottle by Jim Croce.......I do now, and always will think of my wife, my true love, when I hear this song...and how short life is. We have to appreciate what we have because someday it will all be gone. I'm glad we're still here together.
 
Back
Top Bottom