• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What is your next LP?

daza152

Super Member
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi guys, I don't know about you but I am still fairly new to vinyl and and building up my ultimate album collection. I started about a year ago and going strong, now I make lists of all the LP's I want to get next and here is my 'top 12 List' :

1 Are You Experienceed - Jimi Hendrix
2 Electric Ladyland - Jimi Hendrix
3 Axis Bold As Love - Jimi Hendrix

All classics so far:yes:

4 Born To Run - Bruce Springsteen
5 Catch a Fire - Bob Marley & The Wailers
6 What's Going On? - Marvin Gaye

Nearly done these are not in any order:no:

7 Santana - Santana
8 Santana's greatest Hits - Santana
9 Kind Of Blue - Miles Davis

I like Jazz as well as Rock:music:

10 A Love Supreme - John Coltrane
11 Giant Steps - John Coltrane
12 Ellington Indigos - Duke Ellignton

The last 3 I only discovered a few days ago from this forum:D
So tell what your wish list is please I'd like to know?

Thanks Daza.
 
Register to hide this ad
Top 10 to-gets:

1. Blind Melon (st) Orig. US Lp Pressing
2. Gin Blossoms Up and Crumbling orig US Lp
3. Gin Blossoms New Miserable Experience orig US Lp (doubtful it exists)
4. Toad The Wet Sprocket Dulcinea orig US Lp (doubtful exists)
5. Jeff Buckley Grace orig US Lp
6. Jeff Buckley Live at Sin'e orig US Lp
7. The Ocean Blue Cerulean orig US Lp (doubtful exists)
8. Dennis Wilson Pacific Ocean Blue orig US Lp
9. Neds Atomic Dustbin Godfodder orig Lp
10. Neds Atomic Dustbin Are you Normal orig Lp

As far as Ellington I'd recommend trying to find Blues in Orbit, Ellington'55, Concert in the Virgin Islands, and Duke Ellington/Ella Fitzgerald Live at the Cote' d'Azur on LP. With those added you will have a GREAT primer on Duke Ellington. Indigos is good, but these are better (my opinion)
 
Jimi Hendrix - Electric Ladyland
The Clash - London Calling
Jethro Tull - Aqualung (found several, but none in good shape)
Kiss - Hotter than Hell
Kiss - Dressed to Kill
Steely Dan - Aja

Currently waiting on Badfinger - Straight Up....hopefully arrives today.
 
Just got a bunch that I had been looking for over the holidays.....maybe an original pressing of "The Piper at the Gates of Dawn" I have most of the ones already mentioned.
 
I just get them as I stumble on them, so no idea what my next LP will be..

I wish it was that easy, I live in a relatively small town in New Zealand and finding any LP's is non-existant, I have to search the internet and then wait 2 weeks til they get here:yes:

Daza.
 
I want every single release by a fairly new record company called "The Numero Group." The vinyl releases are absolutely astounding in terms of quality and packaging. If you run across their latest 4LP box (devoted to the rare soul label "Twinight Records) you will certainly be impressed. True works of art that are up there with the Bear Family releases.
 
Top 10 to-gets:

1. Blind Melon (st) Orig. US Lp Pressing
2. Gin Blossoms Up and Crimbling orig US Lp
3. Gin Blossoms New Miserable Experience orig US Lp (doubtful it exists)
4. Toad The Wet Sprocket Dulcinea orig US Lp (doubtful exists)
5. Jeff Buckley Grace orig US Lp
6. Jeff Buckley Live at Sin'e orig US Lp
7. The Ocean Blue Cerulean orig US Lp (doubtful exists)
8. Dennis Wilson Pacific Ocean Blue orig US Lp
9. Neds Atomic Dustbin Godfodder orig Lp
10. Neds Atomic Dustbin Are you Normal orig Lp

As far as Ellington I'd recommend trying to find Blues in Orbit, Ellington'55, Concert in the Virgin Islands, and Duke Ellington/Ella Fitzgerald Live at the Cote' d'Azur on LP. With those added you will have a GREAT primer on Duke Ellington. Indigos is good, but these are better (my opinion)


Thanks for the suggestions on Ellington:yes:
Daza.
 
I've got an original US Tower pressing with the different tracks.

I reckon you are looking for a UK Harvest. Have fun.

A good Tower pressing would be fine. I did pick up a NM UK Columbia Saucerful about 5 months ago and boy does it sound nice. Kind of like buying fine art. :thmbsp:
 
Still hunting for best values on:

Soft Machine I
Neil Young / Harvest Moon
Peter Green's Fleetwood Mac
Country Joe & The Fish / Electric Music for the Mind & Body
Them / Angry Young Them
 
I just ordered Miles Davis - KoB on 200g and David Gilmour - On An Island, both with my Secret Santa gift certificate at SoundStage Direct. With the AK discount I was out only $6 including shipping. Thanks again SS, wherever you are, whoever you are.
 
You've got a nice start there daza.

Lately I've bought several LP's by the same artist to fill "time gaps" in the collection. Mid 50's Miles Davis and mid 50's Frank Sinatra for example. Last week I got all 3 titles by Nick Drake, sadly only one was available on vinyl. 3 LP's by The Hold Steady. Next will be a single LP by Vampire Weekend. I've gotta cut down here or I'll go broke.
 
on my lsit of hard to find records are,

1. Beach Boys - smiley smile
2. Neil Young - Massey hall
3. Neil Young - on the beach

Beans, i Got the 200g KoB recently, i think youll really like it.
I also really enjoy the new "in a silent way", picked up a few months ago
 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi guys, I don't know about you but I am still fairly new to vinyl and and building up my ultimate album collection. I started about a year ago and going strong, now I make lists of all the LP's I want to get next and here is my 'top 12 List' :

1 Are You Experienceed - Jimi Hendrix
2 Electric Ladyland - Jimi Hendrix
3 Axis Bold As Love - Jimi Hendrix

Here's the Amazon link for the best price on the new all analog 180 gram Back To Black series Axis: Bold as Love (stereo). Pick this one up, it's the definitive version of Axis, the sound is beautiful. There's been alot of discussion of this one over at the stevehoffman website http://stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=164500&highlight=axis*

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00004WN62

For the definitive MONO version of Axis get the Classic Records version, 200 gram. They sell it on the Authentic Hendrix website.

http://www.authentichendrix.com/pgi-ProductSpec?252-001-008
 
Back
Top Bottom