REMINGTON700
Well-Known Member
Invasive Aedes mosquitos - real SOB's!
Last edited:
Or offer you all kinds of $$$ "make my monthly bills cheaper" programs or devices.No they don't. They want you to turn it down to 65° and let 'er rip.
As Frank once said...No, no. I wasn't implying/insinuating anything about your feeling of it - no problem. I understood your point.
I've been following it pretty closely (the uproar). It seems that many, if not most, City Councils, approved of this Flock stuff, with no public input, or even announcements. The cops go to the council, wasting tax dollars is always on their minds, and presto, cameras are up the next week. BTW, the average cost to taxpayers is $3500/year/camera.
City Councils, are by and large, run by Stooges put there by local developers. They are unsophisticated politically, and from the meetings I have watched on videos, a good many of them qualify as suffering TIN BADGE SYNDROME. They tolerate the public to whatever is the minimal allowable by law.
I totally agree about the public being fear driven. It is drummed into their skulls 24/7 by media fronting for the political leaders.


...They just parrot something that fits their idiotic narrative.
Every time I have used one of those I make a huge mess of spilled gas. They seem frightfully dangerous to me. I just don't get it.The fill spouts on modern gas cans. I think they cause more HC pollution than the old ones due to much less spillage. And they are a pain in the a$$.
Idiots who have taken up the mantra, "Well, I've done my own research."
No, they haven't. They just parrot something that fits their idiotic narrative.
Facts today, gone tomorrow. Or these days, "facts" disappear in seconds.A big part of that problem is that people don't really understand FACTS. Generally, people BELIEVE news sites, "fact checking" sites, Wikipedia, Encyclopedias, even "government data" - and none of those sources actually VERIFY anything, ever. The cost of verifying TRUTH is enormous - no one can afford it - not the NYT, not NBC, not the CDC, no one.
Me too. I hear, "Show me the facts!" And, I like to revert to this line of reasoning:Facts today, gone tomorrow. Or these days, "facts" disappear in seconds.
I stay away from people shouting "facts." It's better for the stomach and the mind.
![]()
True. If it's a fair-minded argument. Without gaslighting, shadow casting, psychological warfare, or making one feel guilty about their reply?Once we get all that straight, we can argue FACTS.
I love how when you go into some establishment it's always "Welcome In"... What happened to "Hi, how are you doing?" It just seems odd that no matter where you go they all say the same preprogrammed thing. Yes, we are trained like monkeys.
Alos, it's "Have a nice day", not "Have a nice rest of your day"... Because, unless you can go back in time, when someone says "Have a nice day" they are not referring to the part of the day that you already lived... Also does the "rest of my day" end when the sun goes down or when the clock strikes midnight?

My pet peeve - being picky, picky, picky.I love how when you go into some establishment it's always "Welcome In"... What happened to "Hi, how are you doing?" It just seems odd that no matter where you go they all say the same preprogrammed thing. Yes, we are trained like monkeys.
Alos, it's "Have a nice day", not "Have a nice rest of your day"... Because, unless you can go back in time, when someone says "Have a nice day" they are not referring to the part of the day that you already lived... Also does the "rest of my day" end when the sun goes down or when the clock strikes midnight?