• Please note that Audiokarma will be offline briefly for updates early on Monday morning, September 28th.

What is YOUR pet peeve? Let's have a laugh.

If you can't express yourself without vulgarity, your opinion is worthless to me.

I've heard said that obscenity is an idiot attempting to be emphatic.

While I agree with science that letting out an F-bomb when, say, stepping on a Lego has been proven to help with the pain, your observation is spot-on.

Apparently, there are more idiots than before.
 
I'm a bit shocked that this one hasn't surfaced already.

Today's Pet Peeve: 125,000 FLOCK cameras magically appearing across the country.

I'm not aware of any Bill passed in Congress. I'm not aware of any ballot measured the public would have voted on.
I'm not aware of any legislation that defines, or restricts, what can be collected and what can be done with that collection.

This is purely a creation of the TechBros Mafia who found a new way to milk already strained city budgets with a $3500/year/camera collection fee for the next Trillionaire. The heck with pensions, police budgets, property taxes and all the rest - let's put up 120,000 civic toll booths!

To build a digital prison, you need a camera army. Check.

Next is the surveillance centers, ahem, "data" centers. Cropping up like dandelions.

If the American populace isn't riled up by the Epstein files, I guess there's nothing else. Perhaps take away their cable tv and pocket computers. That might work. Apparently, sex trafficking rings and pederasts don't cut the mustard.

Just wait until you get your light bill and water bill in a few short months.
 
People who have to talk, just to talk. They aren't comfortable with silence for a minute or two.

My dentist has that habit. And I'm a captive audience who can't answer back most of the time.

The conversations are all over the place. In 30-second packets, followed by him laughing at his supreme cleverness.

Him in Boy Scouts. Him going to Japan. Him restoring Miatas. Him fishing in Norway. Him figuring out student loan amortizations. Him putting in a second pool. Him deciding the best 1960 music groups. Endless yadda-yadda-yadda.

I'm exhausted by the time I get out of the office. I noticed that all his help wear earbuds.

:idea:
 
People who have to talk, just to talk. They aren't comfortable with silence for a minute or two.

My dentist has that habit. And I'm a captive audience who can't answer back most of the time.

The conversations are all over the place. In 30-second packets, followed by him laughing at his supreme cleverness.

Him in Boy Scouts. Him going to Japan. Him restoring Miatas. Him fishing in Norway. Him figuring out student loan amortizations. Him putting in a second pool. Him deciding the best 1960 music groups. Endless yadda-yadda-yadda.

I'm exhausted by the time I get out of the office. I noticed that all his help wear earbuds.

:idea:
He has a captive audience for his stories. He likely tells various tales to make the time pass more quickly and to distract patients who are afraid of the dentist.
 
He has a captive audience for his stories. He likely tells various tales to make the time pass more quickly and to distract patients who are afraid of the dentist.
It's not working for me. Too much of too much, is too much.

I was drifting off to sleep one time (I do that a lot when I'm in his office). I thought, "Now what if he was this Super Hot Babe that talked and talked and talked? Would that be better?"

Then, I woke up. :(
 
Last edited:
Organ donors without helmets splitting lanes doing 75 on the interstate.

Harleys equipped with exhaust designed to be as loud and obnoxious as possible being ridden in high gear with full throttle "for maximum effect"
Considering how picune the Law has become, I'm totally shocked that there is no noise restriction on motorcycles. I'm not sure, but I think if you had open headers on a car, you would get ticketed?
 
Whoa! Picayune! (I guess that's what you meant). I haven't seen that word used in a long, long time. Especially on the Net.

A very good usage! :thumbsup:

It seems that cops these days don't pull over people with loud exhausts or expired tags like they used to. Guys redline their hot rod F150 or Honda Rice Rockets with 120dB exhausts, at 3 a.m. all the time. I've seen 2015 stickered cars driving around.
 
Last edited:
Whoa! Picayune! (I guess that's what you meant). I haven't seen that word used in a long, long time. Especially on the Net.
Good Lord, my spelling has become atrocious. You'd never know I won the Junior High Spelling Bee - 1959, would you?

I'm blaming it on the Internet, and touch screen tablets! Couldn't be my senility. I will say this, when I typed PICUNE, I was almost 100% sure it was wrong, but I figured for Internet shorthand people would get the right idea - which saved me looking it up.
 
Good Lord, my spelling has become atrocious. You'd never know I won the Junior High Spelling Bee - 1959, would you?

I'm blaming it on the Internet, and touch screen tablets! Couldn't be my senility. I will say this, when I typed PICUNE, I was almost 100% sure it was wrong, but I figured for Internet shorthand people would get the right idea - which saved me looking it up.
I understood. :thumbsup:

It's a word that just isn't used much. I had to look up the spelling — Louisiana Creole stuff is tricky. :)
 
Whoa! Picayune! (I guess that's what you meant). I haven't seen that word used in a long, long time. Especially on the Net.

A very good usage! :thumbsup:

It seems that cops these days don't pull over people with loud exhausts or expired tags like they used to. Guys redline their hot rod F150 or Honda Rice Rockets with 120dB exhausts, at 3 a.m. all the time. I've seen 2015 stickered cars driving around.

Saw one presumed moron today- on I-75 north of Atlanta, we were passing by a cop who had someone pulled over. When someone in one of those "bro dozer" pickups blasts by, FLOORING the throttle on what had to be a completely open, muffler-less exhaust.

Man, I wish that the cop had just been finishing up what he was doing there... that would have made my day to see that guy go down.

Regards,
Gordon.
 
2024 Mustang Exhaust Mode (If Equipped)

Allows you to change how loud your exhaust is. You can choose from one of four settings.
Quiet Mode
Lowers the noise of the exhaust.

Quiet Start
Minimizes exhaust noise when you start the vehicle. You can set a schedule for when you want quiet start to be on.

Normal Mode
Default factory setting.

Sport Mode
Raises the noise of the exhaust.

Track Mode
Loudest level of exhaust noise.
Note: The track exhaust mode setting is only for use at tracks and not for use on public roadways. Use of this setting results in increased exterior noise, which may not meet state and local laws and regulations. It is the obligation of the driver to operate the vehicle in a manner that complies with state and local requirements. Only use the track exhaust mode setting at a competition track or an off-road course where increased exterior vehicle noise is acceptable.

I have mine programmed for Quiet Start from 10 p.m. to 8 a.m., but often use Sport Mode during the day (including some other settings, like max steering feel and Auto Start/Stop off). I have never used track mode except for one trial rev in a parking lot far from homes just to see what it sounds like.
 
Saw one presumed moron today- on I-75 north of Atlanta, we were passing by a cop who had someone pulled over. When someone in one of those "bro dozer" pickups blasts by, FLOORING the throttle on what had to be a completely open, muffler-less exhaust.

Man, I wish that the cop had just been finishing up what he was doing there... that would have made my day to see that guy go down.

Regards,
Gordon.
You can buy aftermarket muffler bypass valves just to blast people.

:(
 
You can buy aftermarket muffler bypass valves just to blast people.

:(
Agree with the sad emoji on the aftermarket systems.

The factory system on the Mustang is not 4 fixed opening settings, but a complex program that only opens to the max for certain RPM and throttle demand combos, so most of the time it's quieter.
Here's a couple of the mode charts, Sport on top left, Track on top right. The numbers are fraction of max opening.
1785361521464.png
 
Last edited:
Pickle Ball.
Seems to be all the craze lately, looks like people out having fun, great exercise, I'm not against any of that at all. The neighbors up behind my house have a big beautiful spread, they installed a pickle ball court, good for them, but the non-stop smacking of the ball is very annoying, sound travels through the woods very easily. They sometimes start around 6am. I saw on the news that some town has mandated players use a quieter ball in the public courts in that particular town. Hopefully these P-Ballers adopt the same practice or my music is about to get much louder with my speakers pointed in their direction.
 
I'm not aware of any Bill passed in Congress. I'm not aware of any ballot measured the public would have voted on.
I'm not aware of any legislation that defines, or restricts, what can be collected and what can be done with that collection.

The way the laws are and have been, courts uphold there is no reasonable expectation of privacy when in public. That is the essence of what allows it under the current way things are.

Anybody, at any time, can record or photograph pretty much whatever they want as long as they are on/in public areas or have permisson to be on/in private areas. Many people think it's necessary to have your permission to record/take your picture or pictures/video of your car or license plates or whatever but that's not true. Courtesy, sure, but not law.

As I gather, there has been some beginnings of de-Flocking or not signing up. Yes, these are leases/contracts generally at local levels. Your city council, the local PD or maybe Sheriff department, etc. signs up to a contract but owns nothing of the Flock equipment except a license to access the system.

Saying this stuff does not mean I support those systems. But, I do support the basic rights that unfortunately allow it currently to take place. Some sort of distinction has to be made into law, IMO.

In the mean time, maybe there is a different route to take. See linky below.

 
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom