• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What lamps (and sockets) for Pioneer tuner TX-5500 II?

nicst

New Member
I got myself a Pioneer tuner TX-5500 II that works fine but there is no background light on the front panel, so I opened it and found no lamps, no sockets, and wires cut!

Consulting Google it seems that the lamp type is called 194 (?)

But what does the socket look like? Should I put them in from bottom up, or downwards? If anyone has a picture of something similar, it would help a lot.
IMG_8685.JPG IMG_8682.JPG
 
Register to hide this ad
I don't find where to edit my original post, so...
The schematics say "Scale lamp 8V 300mA x2", but no more type information.
For the stereo indicator lamp it says 6V 30mA.

Still, a clue about the socket would be appreciated, or an image
 
Still, a clue about the socket would be appreciated, or an image

The dial scale lamps are not socketed in the usual sense. The lamps have wire leads that emerge from a compliant holder which holds the lamp in the plastic light spreader. The link below has pictures that should clarify. (I have no knowledge of the site's vendor.)

The original Pioneer part number for the lamp+holder assembly is AEL-060, which may help you to find suitable parts in your vicinity.

https://stereolamps.com/blogs/installation/pioneer-sx-basic-led-lamp-kit-install-instructions
 
AK member @EvilDingo makes 3D-printed plastic sockets/holders.
AK member @dgwojo offers bulbs and led kits https://sites.google.com/site/dgwojocom/

The ones I print are the AKK-005 which may fit the whole,but he would need the spades that are reused from the deteriorated original. The linke CHAZIX provided would be his easiest and best bet. I've used that process before successfully. Thanks for the note though! :)

If you want to print the file, the link is in my original post SX-##80 series lamp socket print | Audiokarma Home Audio Stereo Discussion Forums
 
Back
Top Bottom