• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What shouldn't a 70 yo be talking to a 25yo about

Here's another interesting topic to steer away from ... grocery shopping ...

Was just out shopping and having fun spying on a fellow oldster picking thru every grape and banana in the store, selecting the chosen few, and putting them in another bag.

As fate would have it, I eventually ended up behind her in the checkout line, and she spent the whole time complaining to anyone who'd listen about how slow the checker was, how she was running late, and when it came her turn, she pulled out her rolodex of coupons and started sorting thru them. The cherry on top was when she ran her credit card, and as soon as the sale finalized, tried changing the purchase to another card.

If you all can't see the humor in that, I'll sell ya some of what I'm smokin, eh ... <G>

Oh. Had to give her bonus points - walked out to the lot, and after all that whining, there she was, car running, yakking on the cell and puffing a nail while someone waited behind her for her parking spot. Having the car half out of the slot with the backup lights still on were a rather nice touch I thought ...

shutterstock_146545634-670x387.jpg


Zzzzzzzzzz ...

I have started noticing old people can be annoying
 
When we were teens, my brother and I called the regular letter to Mom from Grandma "The Organ Report". Which relative had what going on with which bodily organs.

Now I have an Organ Report of my own...

Brilliant! I'm gonna "steal" this line from ya, hope ya don' mind.
 
Just don't repeat anything or they'll start "sharing" Sun City brochures with you before you can blink.
 
Me again who started this mess :) Thanks everyone for you input so far. I found that talking to that age group about modern music I get a few gulps. Thinking in my head that their thinking in there's You should not be talking about this.
 
Last edited:
I listen to college radio and today's kids are pretty funny. They're very good at paying lip service to all the PC stuff (they've known no other world). It's just something they feel they need to do - quickly - to get out of the way - like making public service announcements. But if you listen to them they got their minds on normal stuff. The music is great.

They're even pretty good at mocking their own culture - and mocking older people who clumsily try to adopt it. Like one time on a sports show they laughed at a coach who said that his team, after a disappointing loss, was "woke" and ready to kick butt in the next game. They were wondering how a sudden awareness of social justice issues was gonna help the team compete.

They're also quite aware of the "highlights" of your culture cuz of the way that baby boomers dominated (creatively) their media (cartoons, movies, games) when they were growing up. A few years ago I made a joke about Alanis Morissette to this young guy working at a gas station. And then I go "Oh, sorry, before your time". But he said "Sounds familiar, she hates guys, right?". Yes - in a nutshell.
 
We're not all completely set in our ways. I surprise some of the younger types every now and then when I start humming or singing along with their music. Then again, they'll do the same with MY music. Seems one of the top bands with high schoolers now is some group called ... what is it ... Onion Skin? Nah ... Rin-tin-tin? Oh ... wait ... Zep-pe-lin!
 
Cryptocurrency in general as neither group, by and large, fully graps much re: this medium of exchange beyond, say, the respective logos w/ which they are associated. And even then, the overwhelming majority recognize but one of these:

upload_2020-1-28_9-20-20.png
 
Back
Top Bottom