• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What song do you want played at your funeral?

lordfoo

Active Member
I know I know, you won't be able to hear it when you are dead but I am sure most of us have thought about it.

What song would you like to hear played at your funeral?

I found this list somewhere and thought about this thread:

Top Ten UK Funeral Songs
the ten most requested songs for British funerals:

1. Wind Beneath My Wings - Bette Midler
2. My Heart Will Go On - Celine Dion
3. I Will Always Love You - Whitney Houston
4. The Best - Tina Turner
5. Angels - Robbie Williams
6. You'll Never Walk Alone - Gerry And The Pacemakers
7. Candle In The Wind - Elton John
8. Unchained Melody - Righteous Brothers
9. Bridge Over Troubled Water - Simon And Garfunkel
10. Time To Say Goodbye - Sarah Brightman


Akers please post your selections. Songs like La Cucuracha and Highway to Hell are allowed.

Me? I want my two most favourite songs to be played at my funeral, Let it Be and Bridge over troubled Waters.
 
Register to hide this ad
I'm seriously afraid I would have to come back and haunt anyone responsible for playing anything off that list at my burying.

Off the top of my head, I'll say John Prine's Please Don't Bury Me.
 
I've told my friends if they DON'T play "piano exit" from "Layla", I will come back & haunt them....
 
Tentoze, looks like they talked you into putting your avatar back up huh? It's unmistakable!

I agree...don't play anything from that list at mine. Especially Whitney Houston or Celine Dion. Too sappy.
 
Since I have a "different" sense of humor, I think "Happy Go Lucky Me" by Paul Evans or "Daydream" by the Lovin Spoonful would be fitting.
Or-- get everybody in a somber mood, announce "Here's a song Howie held close to his heart," then crank up "Surfin' Bird" :D
 
I'm seriously afraid I would have to come back and haunt anyone responsible for playing anything off that list at my burying.

Off the top of my head, I'll say John Prine's Please Don't Bury Me.

about the list......:puke:

The John Prine is a goodun', I think Ry Cooder's version of "The Dark End Of The Street" would work just fine....


Bill
 
hhhhmmm... I would say my first choice would be...

Sabbath's Electric Funeral... or... Hell's Bells... yeh.. I'm twisted like that...
 
I had always said "Dust in the Wind" by Kansas when I was a younger lad, but the brother whom I told it to has pasted on and I haven't revealed it to anyone else. I might end up with none.
 
I don't think I'll specify the music for the wake or the funeral mass, but ...

In the hearse during the trip from the Church to the cemetery: In-A-Gadda-Da-Vida, Iron Butterfly. It's a long trip. :D
 
"Any World That Im Welcome To"-Steely Dan

I dont usually like sappy songs,but this seems like it would be apropriate for the occasion.

I like the suggestion for Surfin Bird,though.Kinda would like them to play Rockaway Beach in the limo.....
Jimmy
 
I like Whitehall's Adagio. Haven't really thought about it, but maybe Neil Young's Ambulance Blues - I'm bound to be more cynical by then (if it's awhile anyway).
Mike
 
Back
Top Bottom