• The move to the new server is done. There are some software and database maintenance updates in process. This has us passing the hat around to help out. We appreciate any donations. Seriously, even a dollar helps. The payment page may be found here - https://www.audiokarma.org/support.html

What song do you want played at your funeral?

louis armstrong

for years my buddy has always said he wants " it's a wonderful world" by sachmo. myself, being in a jr. legion pipe band many year ago ( still got my pipes) i prefer one lone piper at the grave site playing "my home"(a slow march) and "amazing grace"
 
Spirit in the Sky by Norman Greenbaum...been my favorite song since it came out...and I expect my wife to play it on LP, RtR, Cassette, and Eight Track!
 
I've actually thought of this, but in a different way. I was thinking about putting together a "set list" of music preceding my service. The setlist has changed a lot over the years, but basically it would be a collection of music that has persisted through my life. Probably some of the following

Summer, by WAR
Time Loves a Hero, Little Feat
On Broadway, George Benson
Riders on the Storm, The Doors
Something by Pink Floyd, Lucinda Williams, and John Hiatt, too

Then the service can start. :)
 
If I was gonna have a funeral I would want "Inagaddavida" the long version or "Like A Hurricane" by Neil Young. But I don't want no funeral, just stick a hambone up my @ss and let the dogs drag me away! :D
 
There's plenty of non-death songs I would want. But in sticking to the theme:

"End of the Line" by the Traveling Wilburys. (I guess a more appropriately titled song might be "Heading for the Light").

"Circle Game", by Joni Mitchell

"And When I Die" by Blood, Sweat & Tears
 
Chimaira - Implements Of Destruction
sure it might scare some people but it is one kick butt instrumental metal song
:thmbsp::thmbsp:
 
i'd have to say the piano exit to clapton's layla. wonderful piano, almost brings a tear to my eye everytime i hear it
 
Back
Top Bottom